Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's YOUR vampire drain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems very high. Does it keep dropping like that or level off?

What was the initial SOC in this instance?

I wonder if it might be a sign that the 12v battery is dying, and therefore more frequently topping up from the drive battery.

The car's only 7 months old. I keep the battery at 80% normally and have just left it without being plugged in to check the vampire drain. I deliberately haven't woken it during the check (I don't anyway, actually - what's the point?).

The car's only 7 months old. I keep the battery at 80% normally and have just left it without being plugged in to check the vampire drain. I deliberately haven't woken it during the check (I don't anyway, actually - what's the point?).
Mine is almost 2 years although low km. I charged the other same age model s yesterday as well and it lost 6km. You probably should book a service appointment.

I don't have Model S, but if I leave my 3 unplugged in the garage (which I do sometimes when I know I have a bunch of cloudy days coming up and I don't want it to charge off the limited solar) it loses about 1 km per day.

Update 10 November!

Second day's test: 25.2 Km vampire drain in 24 Hrs. I checked summon is not enabled, no charging plugged in and car locked.
The only thing is I've just seen an app called TesLab on my tablet, so I have disabled that and will await developments tomorrow!

Solved!
It is the TezLab app soaking up Km: I uninstalled it yesterday and the drain is only 2Km in 24 hrs now. Thanks!
Re. cabin O/H protection - yes, I find it IS on but it hasn't been working during these tests. I've now switched it off anyway - thanks - as I can always bring the temp down in a hurry manually if required.

My understanding is that the cabin overheat protection isn't for comfort so much as the longevity of the car interior. Seems like a good idea to leave it on to me, it doesn't have to work that hard because it only tries to keep it under 40C

My understanding is that the cabin overheat protection isn't for comfort so much as the longevity of the car interior. Seems like a good idea to leave it on to me, it doesn't have to work that hard because it only tries to keep it under 40C

I think you're right but I've put it off anyway, trying to confirm that the TezLab app is draining the car.

Yeah, I found that with teslafi, the constant polling of the car kept it awake and using energy. now I have it set to sleep / deep sleep and it doesn't poll the car during the set sleep time. I'm not sure if tezlab does this, but I tried it, didn't find much use, I think they've tried to gamify the app. Teslafi is a no nonsense website with heaps of ways to look at your info. Glad you found the vampire and slayed it.

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok