Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's typical miles an hour Nema 14-30?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note that the "22" answer is approximate. Although I don't charge from the Tesla Mobile Connector very often, my experience with EVSEs generally is that they almost always produce pretty close to spot-on their rated amperage; but the voltage fluctuates from one site to another, and less dramatically over time at any given site. At public EVSEs and my own home, I've seen figures from about 205V to about 245V, and I'm sure there are places outside of those limits. As W=V*A, this means a range from 4.92kW to 5.88kW, assuming a 24A charge. At 259Wh/mi (the Model 3 LR RWD's EPA efficiency), that works out to 19.0 to 22.7 mi/hour range gained, just to give an idea of the variability you might see. The range gained will also vary a bit with the model; dual-motor variants are less efficient than the 259Wh/mi figure I cited, for instance. Tesla's also tweaked its official numbers over time, as it's pushed efficiency-related updates and whatnot.

At public EVSEs and my own home, I've seen figures from about 205V to about 245V, and I'm sure there are places outside of those limits.
Public chargers are often powered from commercial 208V 3-phase service, which is probably where you see such low voltages. If you see something as low as 205V at home, you should call an electrician. That's not normal and there could be a potentially dangerous wiring problem.