Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you name your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the electric and silent nature of the car, and if I was going with red, I would have named mine Red October. But since mine will be blue it will be Blue October :)

"But today the game is different. We have the advantage. It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets. Well, they will tremble again — at the sound of our silence. The order is: engage the silent drive."

Reactions: strykeroz
I don't name my cars. I do like the suggestion of Red October above. The silence of a submarine, and so many people misunderstand the captain. Like PoitNarf's, mine will be blue, but maybe I'll name it Red October anyway. Does it matter that I'm unlikely to get it in October? My estimate is first quarter of 2018, so I'm expecting to get it in June. ;)

Since the car represents a huge shift in transportation that will greatly benefit my 5-year old daughter’s future and I am a planetary science teacher that loves the movie “Interstellar” (where the smarter than smart daughter in the story like mine saves the world), mine will be named Murph.

Reactions: DR61 and sooner
I have always named my Computers after obscure star ships or star fleets. (E.g. Sovereign or Migrant Fleet from Mass Effect, NSEA Protector from Galaxy Quest). I would like to go that route for my M3. Still coming up with possibilities presently.

My Jetta is named Benny, as in Benny and the Jettas, but would rather go the high tech / future route for model 3 to represent the gains between the two transportation technologies.