Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What it's all about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just told my 4 year old that I ordered blue and he started crying because he wanted green. He was mollified at learning that he was allowed to get a green car when he grows up.

That's an awesome story! Kids at that age are so funny with what gets them riled up, and what calms them down. I would only caution that no one should have their kids' taste affect their choices, because the kids change their minds in a few months but you'll be stuck with their wish at this particular point in time for years to come.

Not true:
1181066516Y111jz.jpg

Crikey, Norbert, how could I have forgotten. :wink:

You're absolutely right of course.

Awesome thread. Enjoying all of the kid photos.
As a kid, one thing I learned from the Boy Scouts was this:
Wherever you go, make sure you leave the place cleaner or better than it was when you arrived. This was part of my decision point in supporting Tesla and driving a Model S. Let's leave this world a better place for the next few generations . .
Not a bad legacy to aspire to.

Took delivery today. The kids loved it. Just realized how easily he could have put it in Drive and the car could have rolled off cause the key was nearby... Oh well, maybe he doesn't weigh enough for the seat to think a person of driving age is there?
IMG_4893.jpg

Of course! You guys are right. Both those things would have prevented him driving off. Later on when I went to drive it, the windshield wipers came on full blast, cause of course the kids were playing with every control they could reach! Arggh, took me at least 10 seconds to figure out how to turn those off... I'll get used to that Mercedes stalk soon enough :)

Of course! You guys are right. Both those things would have prevented him driving off. Later on when I went to drive it, the windshield wipers came on full blast, cause of course the kids were playing with every control they could reach! Arggh, took me at least 10 seconds to figure out how to turn those off... I'll get used to that Mercedes stalk soon enough :)

I learned quickly never to let my kids in the front seat, even if the car is parked, because they will screw stuff up (like the wipers), and cause a mess on the touchscreen. It's safer for them anyway, and now they love the rear-facing seats the most. It was worth the upgrade just to get them back there! :)

Yeah we went for a ride shortly after I took delivery, with my two boys (age 3 and 4) in the rear facing seats. They loved it! A lot of giggling whenever I accelerated decently. It does strain my back though to put them in and take them out-- you sort of have to bend over at a weird angle. I find it a lot easier to just get inside the trunk and sit on the rear of the car while buckling them in and taking them out.