Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What it's all about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No kids to share but this struck me.

A brilliant quote from George B:

Customers are invited to mill about, open doors, put their kids inside the cars and take pictures.

George is beyond selling cars here. Beyond aspirational.
He's putting a visit with the the car on par with all special moments. Birthday parties, Amusement parks, A Tesla.

We do it here on TMC but he's framing it for others to see the car as something that special.

My wife told our son that I got the email. Without a word, he ran to his room, got his piggy bank...

image-1.jpeg

His brother didn't say anything either, but seemed... skeptical.

image-2.jpeg

@Trnsl8r - Actually, I wasn't kidding. At that age, I did a lot of helping dad convince mom to buy the cooler, more expensive thing. :)

Ah good, so you know what I'm up against. :) Tell me, how can I get out of some of the more pricy options? References to expensiveness is met by the all-trumping piggy-bank-see-money-is-no-object argument illustrated above... It's only the last couple of weeks I have been able to get out of the 21" wheels, and thank heavens the aero wheels disappeared...

My son always chose the 'oatmeal' (or equivalent). It worked out. The cars I purchased when he was around were all fully optioned or darn close. And he always convinced me to go black paint|black interior.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. I have a hunch that he'd be game to eat gravel for some of the stuff he's arguing for...

What exactly is he trying to convince you to get? ... maybe I can help.

:)

My son always chose the 'oatmeal' (or equivalent). It worked out. The cars I purchased when he was around were all fully optioned or darn close. And he always convinced me to go black paint|black interior.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly is he trying to convince you to get? ... maybe I can help.

:)

OK, that's weird... my kid is all about black too, especially the interior. He finally got off it after riding in a tan interior car yesterday. Still on my case about performance rims and piano black dashboard... neither of which are in the stars (well, maybe piano black, we'll see).

For some reason I saw your photo and instantly thought of this :-

(ETA - do you have a face forward pic with the wording at the front also ..?)

carsforanewgeneration2.jpg

You could also use this pic to argue that BEV's are still in their infancy ;-)

Oh and come to think of it, when I was a kid, ALL the cars I drove were electric. Of course you needed a remote control to drive them ... :tongue: