Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
curious why you figure that ? do you suspect they'll need x # of weeks to prepare and deliver the ones already configured or something ?

I wrote something up earlier on why I think this.

Basically, I don't believe they have ramped up production yet and so the are building small quantities at this time. I think Tesla went through the Signature list and asked people to commit, and only a small number actually did. So, they kept asking more and more reservations holders (~400) until they got the numbers they needed.

Once the 29th arrives and all the information has been unveiled, a lot of people on the fence will commit and Tesla will be over-loaded with new cars to build. I see no point in Tesla asking more people to configure, since they won't be able to get to their cars until much later in the ramp-up process.

It's my understanding that Tesla is still in the early stages of the ramp up, so they are still doing a lot of manual building (vs. automated). Also, since they haven't released many details about the vehicle, a lot of people have been waiting to make the commitment. Only the truly faithful have confirmed (thank you).

I suspect that all these configuration emails have gone out were needed to find enough faithful customers in order to get enough vehicles to build. Once the details come out, I have a feeling that a lot of people will confirm and then we won't see any new Emails for quite some time while Tesla works through their new backlog. Of course, it will all depend on how fast they can ramp up.

I wrote something up earlier on why I think this.

Basically, I don't believe they have ramped up production yet and so the are building small quantities at this time. I think Tesla went through the Signature list and asked people to commit, and only a small number actually did. So, they kept asking more and more reservations holders (~400) until they got the numbers they needed.

Once the 29th arrives and all the information has been unveiled, a lot of people on the fence will commit and Tesla will be over-loaded with new cars to build. I see no point in Tesla asking more people to configure, since they won't be able to get to their cars until much later in the ramp-up process.

I looked at the 50 or so entries on ModelXTracker.com and found that about 60% had configured already, leaving only 40% waiting to at this point. Your timing issue may be a little blip, but I don't think it is going to be a huge issue after the 29th. If the 40% holds, it's at most a week or so of invitations at the current rate.

I looked at the 50 or so entries on ModelXTracker.com and found that about 60% had configured already, leaving only 40% waiting to at this point. Your timing issue may be a little blip, but I don't think it is going to be a huge issue after the 29th. If the 40% holds, it's at most a week or so of invitations at the current rate.

Cottonwood, I really hope you're right, since I'm early on the Canadian regular production list. Since most people know what my poll position is by now (yes, pun intended), I won't go into why the ModelXTracker.com numbers are meaningless.

Got mine. Sig 673

Hmm, nevermind. I got the email, but the link takes me to the profile page that still says "You will be contacted in order of your reservation to design your Model X Signature."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in!. Now it says "Please design your Model X Signature and place your order."

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot 2015-09-24 14.40.52.png

Hmm, nevermind. I got the email, but the link takes me to the profile page that still says "You will be contacted in order of your reservation to design your Model X Signature."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in!. Now it says "Please design your Model X Signature and place your order."

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 95393
Congratulations on your future model X! Still waiting for mine. (sig 1237)