Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Do You Do During the Wait? Anticipation ~

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I waited for my first P85, then my second P85D, I found it useful to take a moment to realize how insanely fortunate I am to be in a position to afford a Tesla. and that this wait is no where near as bad as the uncertainty the majority of this nation faces to merely get by day-to-day.

- - - Updated - - -

You read forums, prep your charging solution, and maybe pick up the Ashlee Vance book on Elon Musk.

Yes!!! it is a great book. another great idea to pass the waiting time...

... Latest intel shows cycle time as short as 27 days from confirmation to delivery of a 90D...

Yes, my 90D would have been ready for pickup here in San Diego on day 22 after I ordered and confirmed on Sept 1 ...but given my request when I ordered to not take delivery until my return from a trip this week, my DS caused my MS to wait at the factory a few extra days so it didn't sit around the local SC for 2 weeks being moved in-and-out every day -- less chance for a problem being introduced that way! My DS has been awesome in every way -- nothing but props for Mike.

I did a lot of the prep work everyone else mentioned. Then I took a vacation to Mexico for about 10 days. Picked up the P85D the day after I got back. That felt pretty cool.

My only word of warning to those who are waiting - resist the urge to talk to *everyone* about *everything* having to do with Tesla. It may rub some folks the wrong way. Besides, that's what this place is for!