Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are easiest and budget friendly mods to give our new M3 a slightly individual look?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow we are expecting a white SR+ with black Aero wheels. Glad to see Tesla is selling more of these but i wouldn't mind ours having a slightly different look once the sea change really hits. Any ideas? And if any of you have pics I'd appreciate that too :)

I've seen anything from a chrome delete replacement with black matte accents, to carbon fiber accents, all the way to a rebranded Model 3 to have similar features to the Audi Quattro grill + emblems + spoiler...even as much as having the model 3 wrapped in a different color, gloss or matte...so many options! But way fun! :cool:

Everyone does the same mods so you will go from looking like all stock cars to looking the same as any other modded car. People do chrome delete with black or matching color.

To stand out (if you feel you must) I'd recommend getting new wheels

I'd say majority of M3 owners aren't browsing this forum so there's still time to stand out from the crowd a bit. Just looking for something that doesn't stand out radically but makes people think, "hmmm....that M3 has a slightly different look than most" and they can't quite put their finger on it.

I like the chrome delete option and wrap of door handle option mentioned. And def want to do the center console vinyl but not confident in my skills to perfectly lay it out.

Reactions: zhu-
Wheels that aren't the same as everyone else. For example, don't go with anything that looks like the stock wheels under the aeros.

You can consider going with a rally mode motif. Get the lift kit from @MountainPass and throw some rally-type wheels with some beefy all-seasons on them.

BAM! Say goodbye to efficiency, but say hello to uniqueness.

• Love
Reactions: MountainPass
A $250 spoiler can set your car apart from everybody else's at the supercharger. Even some P3Ds don't have their OEM spoilers yet. RPMTesla have several options and are the cheapest if you don't want to buy direct from Alibaba - which is where majority of Tesla accessories come from anyway.

Reactions: AcesUp
A $250 spoiler can set your car apart from everybody else's at the supercharger. Even some P3Ds don't have their OEM spoilers yet. RPMTesla have several options and are the cheapest if you don't want to buy direct from Alibaba - which is where majority of Tesla accessories come from anyway.

Agree. Was going to suggest this or possibly a front lip spoiler. I've seen some that look understated and pretty darn good. No doubt they will actually end up degrading your aerodynamic efficiency instead of improving it, and you certainly don't need the traction a functional one would provide, but if you want to be different...

Wheels that aren't the same as everyone else. For example, don't go with anything that looks like the stock wheels under the aeros.

You can consider going with a rally mode motif. Get the lift kit from @MountainPass and throw some rally-type wheels with some beefy all-seasons on them.

BAM! Say goodbye to efficiency, but say hello to uniqueness.

I agree I don't like the wheels under the Aero covers. But I love the OEM 19". Don't care if others have them.
Best of all, zero loss in efficiency. Last 1000 miles 232 wh/mi (AWD P7+ tires, no Heat).
Exactly what I averaged the first 1000 miles in October with Aero's and covers (no Heat).

To be honest I'm surprized how many Model 3's around here have Aero's with covers on.

32861785227_d38450ecf2_b_d.jpg

Reactions: TyH2009
I'm a big wheel guy and surprisingly I like the look of the Aeros better than the upgraded OEMs. Weird since I don't usually like all black wheels. I am hoping ours doesn't show up sitting up at a high level like a few I see on the dtreets. Otherwise will have to consider springs in the future.

Got any examples, ideas or details?

Here's an example of mine wrapped in Fiery Orange with 3M 1080 vinyl. The wrap costs only $3,400 (CAD) and they did a perfect job tucking the wrap around all the edges with a nice sharp line. Stands out amongst the rest of the TM3s around here. Located in Canada, so pricing is obviously in CAD, but to put into perspective, the Multi-Coat Red was a $3,300 (CAD) premium through Tesla. I logically ordered the "free" standard black and paid an extra $100 (had I gotten the red) and had a much larger selection of colours to choose from. Next mod for me, a slight drop and rims...

IMG_20181020_151043.jpg