Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What accessories are included with Model y- 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello:
I bit the bullet and took Model Y last week. The buying experience is very new ( weird in one way). One of the things I am concerned about is, that no accessories were included. I was told one would be getting a TESLA BAG that includes a cable for charging and an adopter. The cable I was told could be used for charging the vehicle with a regular power socket of 120 volts.

My question to you, i any of you received the cable and tesla bag? Please let me know.

Tesla no longer includes a charging cable or bag. The mobile connector sells for about $230, which includes a bag and two adapters. They do include an adapter so that you can charge from a Level 2 non-Tesla charger which uses the J1772 standard.

Some areas of the country receive mud guards and PPF for the lower rear part of the rear doors installed by Tesla. Other areas do not get this benefit.

Reactions: Skavatar
Tesla no longer includes a charging cable or bag. The mobile connector sells for about $230, which includes a bag and two adapters. They do include an adapter so that you can charge from a Level 2 non-Tesla charger which uses the J1772 standard.

Some areas of the country receive mud guards and PPF for the lower rear part of the rear doors installed by Tesla. Other areas do not get this benefit.
Thank you. So I need to buy a mobile charger ($230) and a wall charger ($450)? Thats weird why they would not include a necessary cable.

I was told one would be getting a TESLA BAG that includes a cable for charging and an adopter. The cable I was told could be used for charging the vehicle with a regular power socket of 120 volts.

Not sure who told you that, but its incorrect. As @Alonzo mentions, there should be an adapter to go from J1772 to a Tesla, which enables you to charge at chargers that are setup for that standard (J1772), but Tesla doesnt include any charging equipment and hasnt for quite some time.

The order form when you order a model Y also specifically states no charging cables are included:

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 6.50.20 PM.png

So I need to buy a mobile charger ($230) and a wall charger ($450)? Thats weird why they would not include a necessary cable.

Only if you feel you need both of those. Most people really only need one or the other, and many people purchasing already have charging equipment (which is the Tesla answer for "why isnt included anymore?"). I personally think they should include at least the mobile connector but they dont. At least they are up front about it, though.

Not sure who told you that, but its incorrect. As @Alonzo mentions, there should be an adapter to go from J1772 to a Tesla, which enables you to charge at chargers that are setup for that standard (J1772), but Tesla doesnt include any charging equipment and hasnt for quite some time.

The order form when you order a model Y also specifically states no charging cables are included:

View attachment 1006040

Only if you feel you need both of those. Most people really only need one or the other, and many people purchasing already have charging equipment (which is the Tesla answer for "why isnt included anymore?"). I personally think they should include at least the mobile connector but they dont. At least they are up front about it, though.
>>
Only if you feel you need both of those. Most people really only need one or the other, and many people purchasing already have charging equipment (which is the Tesla answer for "why isnt included anymore?").

Do you mean most of the customers are buying the vehicle as a second Tesla and they would not need a wall charger as they might have it already?
Anyways, as I have neither of the chargers and Tesla discontinued providing cable, what's the charger I need to get? Given I am newbie to this EV vehicle, which charger I should get?

Anyways, as I have neither of the chargers and Tesla discontinued providing cable, what's the charger I need to get? Given I am newbie to this EV vehicle, which charger I should get?

Whether you need one or both of those depends on what your particular desires and infrastructure goals are. You havent given us any information to provide any advice on this topic. Without be listing off a list of things that should be considered, what was your existing plan for charging the car when you bought it (in detail)?

Whether you need one or both of those depends on what your particular desires and infrastructure goals are. You havent given us any information to provide any advice on this topic. Without be listing off a list of things that should be considered, what was your existing plan for charging the car when you bought it (in detail)?
Most of the time I plan to charge at home, when I go if at all I go out of town, I want to be able to charge at the hotels etc., where I may have 120V regular power sockets.

I got the J1772 adapter with my MYLR. Also got front cloth mats, PPF on the rear door near the wheel arch and mudflaps. Nothing else.

I ordered the mobile charger when I placed an order for my car, which was sent to my house a few days after delivery.

I got the J1772 adapter with my MYLR. Also got front cloth mats, PPF on the rear door near the wheel arch and mudflaps. Nothing else.

I ordered the mobile charger when I placed an order for my car, which was sent to my house a few days after delivery.
What is PPF on the rear door? Sorry still learning the lingo

What is PPF on the rear door? Sorry still learning the lingo
Paint protection film. Older MYs didn't have that. The area just in front of the rear wheels would get lots of rocks chips because of stones thrown up by the wheels. Tesla sells a PPF kit for older cars for $50. The newer ones come with PPF there.

Check out the link below to see the damage I'm talking about. It's shocking how bad it looks!

Thank you. So I need to buy a mobile charger ($230) and a wall charger ($450)? Thats weird why they would not include a necessary cable.

The mobile charger can also be wall mounted. I only bought the mobile charger. Since we drive less than 50 miles per day, I simply plug it into a 110V outlet. Given that the car sits in the garage ~10 hrs per day, the 110V is enough to give us a "full tank" of battery to start each day. Depending on the actual voltage going into the car (not all 110V outlets actually produce 110V; some 125V, some less), we have seen charge rates 3 to 5 miles per hour.

We also happen to have a 220V outlet in our garage for power tools. When we plug into that, we found charge rates 13 to 15 miles per hour. So this is WAY MORE than enough for us since we do not drive 150 miles per day. We didn't have to pay an electrician $1k-$2k to do new wiring from our electrical box.

Reactions: VipinLJ
No. Only certain geographical regions come with the mud guards and PPF. You're one of the lucky ones.
Damn. I had no idea. I was actually going to buy the PPF kit from Tesla for $50 but they didn't have it in stock. I saw on Reddit that new cars come with it so I waited and on DDay, I saw my car already had it!

And thank you for that info. I stand corrected.

The mobile charger can also be wall mounted. I only bought the mobile charger. Since we drive less than 50 miles per day, I simply plug it into a 110V outlet. Given that the car sits in the garage ~10 hrs per day, the 110V is enough to give us a "full tank" of battery to start each day. Depending on the actual voltage going into the car (not all 110V outlets actually produce 110V; some 125V, some less), we have seen charge rates 3 to 5 miles per hour.

We also happen to have a 220V outlet in our garage for power tools. When we plug into that, we found charge rates 13 to 15 miles per hour. So this is WAY MORE than enough for us since we do not drive 150 miles per day. We didn't have to pay an electrician $1k-$2k to do new wiring from our electrical box.

Same here. I usually drive like 10 miles a day. I leave the car plugged in overnight (and don't charge every day as well). Plus wife has free charging at work. So when I really need it to charge it from low percentages, she can take it (right now, the 6 months free SC helps with that).

Damn. I had no idea. I was actually going to buy the PPF kit from Tesla for $50 but they didn't have it in stock. I saw on Reddit that new cars come with it so I waited and on DDay, I saw my car already had it!

And thank you for that info. I stand corrected.
Yeah, me either until the sales rep told me a week ago. I live in Michigan and thought Tesla would include mud flaps and PPF but nope. Blah.

Reactions: VipinLJ
Yeah, me either until the sales rep told me a week ago. I live in Michigan and thought Tesla would include mud flaps and PPF but nope. Blah.

I recommend getting both. My friend's car didn't come with those and the rear door near the rear wheel looks like it's always dirty, even when it's spanking clean. And the sad part is that those are rock chips and not dirt.

I recommend getting both. My friend's car didn't come with those and the rear door near the rear wheel looks like it's always dirty, even when it's spanking clean. And the sad part is that those are rock chips and not dirt.
Thanks and sorry for you getting so many rock chips. I ordered the mud flaps (both front and back) and now just need to order the PPF for the back area.

You're welcome! And no. My car is fine. It came with mudflaps in the front and PPF pre-applied on the rear doors. My friend's car didn't. And his is a mess.
Oh, good. I need to read more carefully.

So would you say that having both the mud flaps and PPF on the rear doors is enough?

Also, did you get PPF on the front? I'm thinking of doing that but not sure if it is needed.

Oh, good. I need to read more carefully.

So would you say that having both the mud flaps and PPF on the rear doors is enough?

Also, did you get PPF on the front? I'm thinking of doing that but not sure if it is needed.
I only has front mudflaps and PPF in front of the rear wheel, on the rear door (how Tesla sends it). So far, my car looks fine. There's no rock chips there. I've done tonnes of launches and most of the 4000+ miles are highway drives and no chips yet *touchwood* The black plastic trim around the wheel well (not the trim inside the wheel well; the trim surrounding the exterior of the wheel well) looks like it's perpetually dirty in front of the wheel well. It also has a couple of pits on it, which I assume are from rocks. But the paint on the door is intact

Reactions: Taney71