Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weak Seat Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy y'all!

I recently did a test drive of a Model Y. Amazing vehicle, but I was surprised and disappointed to find out that the seat motors for both driver and passenger are too weak to adjust the seat without me lifting myself off of them. I am a large dude (350). I've never had this problem in other vehicles. Do you think this was a fluke of the particular one I drove, or is this a general issue with the Model Y? I'll admit, it was pretty embarrassing. However, if anyone from Tesla is reading this, it should be a pretty easy fix. I hope that there are solutions besides aftermarket actuators. Thoughts?

If I had to guess I think it's just the motors Tesla uses in the seats. I have a model 3 and noticed if I press back against the seat while putting my seat belt on the seat will not make it to to correct position for my profile and I have to move the back of the seat up more. After figuring this out , I make sure I'm not pushing back against the seat while it's moving and it gets to position fine. I come in at 220.