Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We the People Petition on Tesla Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the wording of the petition I couldn't help but remember that Ford had problems being ALLOWED to manufacture his cars because of lawsuits from the Association of Licensed Automobile Manufacturers. He didn't want to pay the 'membership' fees to avoid a patent fight. The patent was owned by George Selden and (oh the irony) the Electric Vehicle Company and he started the Association to force other manufacturers to pay royalties to him. It wasn't until 1911 that Ford finally prevailed in court.

That being said, I'm #83.

To moderator ahead of time ask why you would allow this thread when others labelled political and moved off the board. By definition filing and politicking for a petition is political.

I'm not he moderator here but while this is related to politics it does deal with Tesla and that usually isn't controversial here unlike climate change, Congress, The White House or any of the wedge issues used to drive votes.

This petition is pretty non-political. It is indirectly pro-Tesla and Pro-EV, which is perfectly fine for a Tesla enthusiast forum.

As long as people are civil and respectful, I don't think there is anything wrong with political subjects that are relevant to Tesla being discussed in forum posts.