Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA Supercharging now $0.25/kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our gas is expensive in large part due to stricter environmental standards. So essentially, we're getting charged at the highest premiums over costs explicitly because our states are doing the right thing.

I'd say our gas is expensive due to state tax. I think its a reasonable means to fund road projects for now.
BTW, the Federal rate should go up by at least 2 cents a year too.

Wow, yesterday I just talked up Supercharger rates with an interested neighbor as a selling point as he is considering a 3.
That is exactly what Tesla is trying to curb here. The supercharger network value is supposed to be enabling long distance travel, and occasional local refill on those few days when you need more than 100% in a day. It's not supposed to be "cheap or free fuel" . The superchargers are not setup for everyone to charge daily.

Reactions: KJD
I think initial pricing models Tesla utilized were misaligned with the cost of power, real-estate, operational/maintenance overhead and initial installation cost. I suspect when they analyzed the data in more detail they needed to pivot the cost to the user in such a meaningful way. Cost relative to traditional oil based fuels is dramatically less and seems fair for the service they are providing. I'm hopeful once they can supplement the power with solar and battery they can reduce the cost overtime.

Commercial Power Cost Trends.JPG