Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Void cheque problem for delivery day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I’m supposed to give them a void cheque for payment withdrawal but I don’t have any. I haven’t written a cheque in years. TD has a preauthorized withdrawal form that you can print and it contains all the info that would be on a cheque that I can give them. Anyone use this?

I know I’m supposed to give them a void cheque for payment withdrawal but I don’t have any. I haven’t written a cheque in years. TD has a preauthorized withdrawal form that you can print and it contains all the info that would be on a cheque that I can give them. Anyone use this?
Should be sufficient, all the want is the name of the account holder branch, institution and account number.

Does it have to have your address on it? The Td printable preauthorized debit form doesn’t have an address at all.

They should be okay with the standard TD pre-authorized form, but they didn’t like the wrong address being printed on the void cheque from what I understood. Also the guy kept saying I should have an option in my online banking to print a “void cheque”, which doesn’t exist for CIBC. If you have that option with TD you could use that too. I’m assuming your TD preauth form would go through okay. I didn’t understand why there was a difference in my writing my address on the CIBC form vs. on the void cheque aside from the fact that the form had a signature line.

07CCBE4A-AC2A-4D1F-B408-5D87D04DD24B.jpeg
Nope. I’ve attached what it looks like. I’ve blacked out my name and account number. That’s it.

Hopefully they accept the form you have since this is the verbiage on their web site, emphasis mine. The Tesla people seemed to like it when the CIBC form said something similar.

If you don't have a cheque

If you do NOT have a cheque, you can locate the account information you need in EasyWeb. Simply login, select the account you want to view, and then select the "Direct deposit form (PDF)" link in the upper right-hand corner. The form provides your account information in place of a voided cheque and is used when arranging for direct deposits or pre-authorized payments.