Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video - Model X vs Jaguar I-Pace drag race commercial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks to me that the Model X is a 75, not the 100...

They first raced with a 75D and then with a 100D.

All the same, if all things - SoC, battery temperature - were comparable, this is impressive by Jag. If the price point mentioned - "almost two of the I-Pace for one X (not sure which config)" - holds up, that'd be even more impressive.

(Subjectively speaking) The Jag looks nice; more conventional than the X which, I've always felt, looks great from the front, not so much at the back.

Lets see what happens if both the 75D and 100D are uncorked. I am really glad Jaguar is getting into the market as well as MB and Volvo (and VW group eventually) but all these cars will be city cars until they have a comparable supercharger network.

Jaguar states 0-60 of 4.5.

Tesla states current uncorked modelx 75d is 4.9 and 100d at 4.7.

And tesla states model s is 4.2 for 75d and 4.1 for 100d. Although 100d has been vboxed at 3.7 for 0-60.

And Tesla states model 3 is 5.2 but it has been reported to be below that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla is still holding back just to keep some distance from the P models.

Lets see what happens if both the 75D and 100D are uncorked. I am really glad Jaguar is getting into the market as well as MB and Volvo (and VW group eventually) but all these cars will be city cars until they have a comparable supercharger network.

Last edited:
Wrote this on another thread.

That video was an obvious one sided comparison. They threw in the 100D not the P100D cause ipace would have gotten smoked.
Average person won't know the difference, they just go based on video.

Problem with all the Evs manufacturers are throwing out is that none of them are putting in any effort to build a fast charging network. This is what sets Tesla appart. What's the point of the ipace or even the Porsche mission E if I can't fast charge during roadtrip? Porsche is building their fast charger at their dealers.... Really? That's your plan so they can probably talk you into an ice car. Ice manufacturers aren't putting their all in. They are being forced to build EVs. They don't actually want you to buy them. Tesla messed everyone's cash cow and now they have to follow, unwillingly. Ipace is a very nice car, just won't be practical for long distance trips.

That video was an obvious one sided comparison. They threw in the 100D not the P100D cause ipace would have gotten smoked.

Problem with all the Evs manufacturers are throwing out is that none of them are putting in any effort to build a fast charging network. This is what sets Tesla appart. What's the point of the ipace or even the Porsche mission E if I can't fast charge during roadtrip? Porsche is building their fast charger at their dealers.... Really? That's your plan so they can probably talk you into an ice car. Ice manufacturers aren't putting their all in. They are being forced to build EVs. They don't actually want you to buy them. Tesla messed everyone's cash cow and now they have to follow, unwillingly. Ipace is a very nice car, just won't be practical for long distance trips.
Most true post ever.

Just how many cars does Tesla sell a year? And what is that less then 1% of all car sales. So just how did Tesla mess up everyone’s cash cows?

Reactions: HugoBoss
Another thing people haven't realized is how much the Chinese government is pushing EVs. We all know the Chinese want to get into the American car market. If Ice manufacturers don't get into the Ev market now and really get serious about it they will be so far behind. Chinese will eventually learn not to copy other manufacturers designs and then it will be trouble. And yes I know Chinese cars will have the stigma of being cheap and low quality, but so did Hyundai/Kia.

Don’t know about the US but in many parts of Europe there are CCS chargers (if few) at every gas stop on our freeways, and monopoly chargers not open to all brands will no longer be allowed to be built.

I think it would be helpful for Tesla to adjust to increasing competition not only by acceleration performance but an overall quality improvement.

The current CCS chargers kinda suck, though. Only 50 kW.

But there should be okay coverage of 100-150 kW CCS chargers in a year or two in Europe. I'm less confident there will be enough chargers to avoid queuing, though. Looking at the larger new Supercharger stations, they have 20-40 supercharger stalls totaling 1.45-2.9 MW of charging power. Tesla also has the system where two stalls share a charger. I haven't seen plans for that sort of system on the fast CCS networks. That means that if you have a station with four 150 kW CCS chargers, you might arrive to find four e-Golfs charging at 30-40 kW...

That Germany doesn't allow new superchargers is a problem, but I hope Tesla solves it by making new Teslas compatible with both Superchargers and CCS. You can do this with a single plug. Tesla could continue building superchargers outside Germany, and then rely on the fast CCS networks plus the existing superchargers in Germany.