Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video I took of AC vent explanation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm worried about effectiveness of defrosting the front windshield with the trick airflow of model 3... the early model S got a quick makeover and re-do of the windshield vent when they realized outside of California that windshields do frost up and this can be a problem for you know, driving.

I'm worried about effectiveness of defrosting the front windshield with the trick airflow of model 3... the early model S got a quick makeover and re-do of the windshield vent when they realized outside of California that windshields do frost up and this can be a problem for you know, driving.
I'm sure they've learned from past experience and not made the same mistakes. Besides, the front long slot has nothing to do with the defroster. The defroster is still forward of that at the base of the windshield.

I'm hoping for a whole make-over of what VOICE commands will do, for model 3 and S, and X...
Really sadly limited in current cars..

Rather than diddle on the screen for directing a virtual wall of air... speak:

(keyword ventilate | blow) [ zone [ zone] ] ( effect [ effect ] )
// zone is an area in the car, and is optional. Omitted means whole car, or most recent spoken zone.
// zones could be head, face, feet, body, floor, front, rear, left, right, car, room, etc
// effect is the degree or magnitude
// effect could be hotter, colder, NN degrees, more, less, off, on, maximum, etc.
// at least one effect must be given to be an understood command
// effects can be combined

examples:

"ventilate cold maximum" ( no zone specified, so whole car implied )

"ventilate defrost maximum" ( zone = defrost, defrost is implied to be hot )

"ventilate feet hotter" (bump of 2 degrees)

"ventilate 21 degrees" ( whole car, effect is a specific value )

"ventilate cooler" (affects most recently spoken zone)

"ventilate warmer" (affects most recently spoken zone)

"blow harder"

"blow softer"

"yeah, just like that" ( command not recognized, try again?)

"ventilate off"

... when voice commands are received, assume it's the driver speaking. Therefore, direct the air flow on the driver's side of the car, as commanded.

Let the passenger diddle with the screen if they want to do a split HVAC differently from what the driver has ordered up.

just sayin'

Last edited: