Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 400XXX, my agent told me I have "AP 3.0". He didn't seem to know the difference between that and HW3. My car was built on May 13 though, and I doubt they are still using HW2.5. I wish there was some other way to confirm.
Most agents don't know, there isn't a way to tell through API either. But cars built in April will have FSD HW aka HW 3.0. 2 of my friends who had their car delivered first and second week of May, LR Dual Motor and P3D respectively have HW 3.0. Another friend who's car SR+ was delivered 3rd week of May has HW 3.0. The first fw update you get at home, assuming it hasn't been updated at delivery will be 2019.16.3.

Picked up my car last Saturday. There were 56 deliveries scheduled for that day according to the staff. The process itself should have been fairly straight forward, but wasn't. The MVPA was not uploaded to my account prior to delivery, so I had to use the estimates posted for the bank draft. On delivery day, the numbers didn't match of course; their estimate was low, so my draft more than covered their numbers. The rub was that since their printed MVPA was wrong, it had to be re-written and it had to be done by someone off-site - that process took roughly an hour, after which everything went as planned. The car had a small, barely visible scratch on the roof - nowhere big enough for me to care.

Their online store is a mess, however. I ordered a wall charger, mats, and a NEMA 14-50 (no longer included, btw) adapter. I received a set of key cards instead of the NEMA adapter, and I'm on my 3rd email (no other way to contact them) asking them to rectify the issue. Radio silence all around. Avoid the online store like the plague; call your service centre for accessories and ask them to check their inventory instead.

Love the car, but their online shop experience is horrid.

Picked up my car last Saturday. There were 56 deliveries scheduled for that day according to the staff. The process itself should have been fairly straight forward, but wasn't. The MVPA was not uploaded to my account prior to delivery, so I had to use the estimates posted for the bank draft. On delivery day, the numbers didn't match of course; their estimate was low, so my draft more than covered their numbers. The rub was that since their printed MVPA was wrong, it had to be re-written and it had to be done by someone off-site - that process took roughly an hour, after which everything went as planned. The car had a small, barely visible scratch on the roof - nowhere big enough for me to care.

Their online store is a mess, however. I ordered a wall charger, mats, and a NEMA 14-50 (no longer included, btw) adapter. I received a set of key cards instead of the NEMA adapter, and I'm on my 3rd email (no other way to contact them) asking them to rectify the issue. Radio silence all around. Avoid the online store like the plague; call your service centre for accessories and ask them to check their inventory instead.

Love the car, but their online shop experience is horrid.

i agree, the online store is terrible. i ordered some things weeks before delivery and still haven't received anything or tracking. i was able to get a 14-50 at the w4th location and cancelled my order. still waiting on the aero wheel caps kit however.

On the issue of pricing, etc., I wonder if the Competition Bureau rattled T's cage about their potentially misleading purchase price calculation (showing gas savings). They've now got an option on their website that allows you to see the actual purchase price of the car, the earlier lack of which I found headscratching (to be polite).

upload_2019-5-31_8-54-20.png

Wouldn't make sense to flap back to NVIDIA when they have their own ASIC hw. Plus if the owner decides to pay for FSD and they are on hw 2.5, they will eventually have to send out a service person to do the swap.
Maybe they had old stock of HW2.5 and figure lets push it out to meet delivery demands and since few FSD orders we can wait until they buy FSD later to upgrade them.
Also another member has FSD and HW2.5. Think his username is TorontoEHM something

I would refund it.

I'm curious about why having HW2.5 or 3 in the car when you receive it is a concern. Isn't it only going to be important if/when you pay for FSD? And at that point the cost of the upgrade to 3 will be covered anyway. If having HW3 doesn't provide any improvements to autopilot etc, then I'm not sure why people are worrying about this. Or is there some aspect I'm missing?