Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding color

Ever since getting my S a few months back I've wanted to make the letters spelling T E S L A on the back stand out more. Chrome letters on a chrome background just didn't provide enough contrast (and I want everyone behind me to know they are following a Tesla :) .

Happily the good forks at ProAudio in Provo (801.377.1515) were able to make custom vinyl letters to make the chrome letters "pop".

letters.jpg

I have heard that there is a Tesla owner here in Cache Valley, but have yet to spot the car. Any Cache Valley owners on this forum? I've put in a reservation for the Model X but am also looking forward to the Model 3. Denarius, if you have extra time in Logan on one of your trips, I'd love to see your Model S!
Cache Valley is about to get another Model S. I placed an order for a 90D yesterday! There are several now in the community. Became a Tesla fan in February when I took a spur of the moment P85D test drive while visiting Las Vegas. Thought I could wait for a Model X but the wait time continues to lengthen. Still on the list for an X but now I can start riding in style!

Cache Valley is about to get another Model S. I placed an order for a 90D yesterday! There are several now in the community. Became a Tesla fan in February when I took a spur of the moment P85D test drive while visiting Las Vegas. Thought I could wait for a Model X but the wait time continues to lengthen. Still on the list for an X but now I can start riding in style!

Congratulations!

Hello all. Looking to be a new owner of a MS soon. Im looking to buy a CPO from 2012-2014 most likely a 2013. Anyone own cars within the 2012-2013 range that can offer some insights if they can. Would you do it all over again if you had the chance or just waited to get better options/features? Thanks again and looking forward to any replies.

In Feb of 2015 I bought a used S85 built in March of 2013. Since then (almost 11 months) I've been to the service centers 15 times. 15!! My buddy who took delivery of a brand new S85 about the same time I got mine has only needed to go twice in the same period of time. I love my car, and my only regret is not buying it new. Early VIN cars have issues.

What type of issues have you had? Did they take care of you well at least?

In Feb of 2015 I bought a used S85 built in March of 2013. Since then (almost 11 months) I've been to the service centers 15 times. 15!! My buddy who took delivery of a brand new S85 about the same time I got mine has only needed to go twice in the same period of time. I love my car, and my only regret is not buying it new. Early VIN cars have issues.

Questions to all utah tesla owners. Im almost ready to pull the trigger on a new tesla. My questions are, is it more expensive to register or is pretty much the same? how did the tax credits work out for you if you bought new? How did it affect your insurance cost? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Was the same registration cost for me. I drove a 2013 Chevy Tahoe before (which I traded in) and my insurance premium only went up about about $20 a month, I have USAA. Can't answer the tax credits as I bought used, and based on a discussion with my CPA on how it would have gone, you probably ought to talk to a tax professional about how it would roll out in your situation. Taxes are complicated :-/

What type of issues have you had?

In no particular order; door handle replacements, power window malfunctions, USB outlet replacement, replace faulty (and brand new) windshield wiper, rear camera malfunction, rear jump seat replacement, cabin heater malfunction, charge port replacement, 12 volt battery malfunction, roof rack cover fell off, loose suspension causing strange noise, battery sent to be refurbished after inspection from a contactor upgrade (at 29,000 miles on the car), and drive unit replacement (at 35,000 miles on the car).

I feel like I'm forgetting a few things. Certain things were fixed at the same time.

Did they take care of you well at least?

Very well taken care of, especially the first 6 months while the service center could do same/next day appointments. Recently they've been booked a little further out, the number of Teslas here has exploded faster than they can hire service people, and they only have 2 bays at their location.

- - - Updated - - -

I should note that, the car never failed to drive for me and I never got stuck anywhere. The battery and drive unit things were proactively done by service without me having an idea there was an issue. If anything, do your optional annual inspection for that reason alone; spot issues before they happen.

Questions to all utah tesla owners. Im almost ready to pull the trigger on a new tesla. My questions are, is it more expensive to register or is pretty much the same? how did the tax credits work out for you if you bought new? How did it affect your insurance cost? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

First time registration was expensive due to having to pay sales tax, additional years the same as other vehicles.

I bought Tesla's two years in a row and had no issues claiming the federal & state credits both times. However, your taxable income has to be high enough to qualify for the full credit.

Insurance went down for me, but I've always driven "higher risk" vehicles.

great thanks for the responses. Im now thinking I should buy a new one and try to take advantage of the tax credits. two big things for me are the Autopilot and the Air suspension with the later being a little less up on my priority list. Such a big decision that its nerve wrecking but at the same time I know it will be one I wont regret in the long term. Any other things to look out for?

The cost to install a charger at home took me by surprise. But, that's because I had to replace my 20+ year old breaker for safety and city code reasons. Having an electrician do just the unit itself would have been a few hundred dollars. So, might want to have a professional take a look at your electrical system and give you a quote.

If you're looking for a newer car but still want a lower price, the sales team in the store has access to inventory not shown on the Tesla CPO website. If you're in Salt Lake City, drop on by and have a look with them. There are a fluid handful of "new" cars that don't get sold for one reason or another from time to time, and are thus sold "new" (not preowned, still get tax credits) and at a discount. The only downside is you don't get to choose options, you get what's available.

Cool. Im not worried about cost of the electrical really, have a lot of friends in the space so they can help as well as ill be installing 4 new destination chargers at work so Ill be able to charge there. I went in yesterday and they were extremely helpful, But from what I can see its rare and few the cars that pop up that warrant not just getting your own custom made. Is it me or do most only save like 3-5k off the price of a custom ordered one (still being an inventory car that is).

First time registration was expensive due to having to pay sales tax, additional years the same as other vehicles.

I bought Tesla's two years in a row and had no issues claiming the federal & state credits both times. However, your taxable income has to be high enough to qualify for the full credit.

Insurance went down for me, but I've always driven "higher risk" vehicles.

Denarius, now driving with the D would it keep you from buying a P85+ if at a good price if you were looking. IS the D that much of a better car?