Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning on swapping my PS4s for the Crossclimate+ for the winter myself. Do you think you can elaborate on the driving dynamics of them, AlanSubie4Life? How much does acceleration and turning suffer when switching from the PS4? I've heard they are significantly louder, true? Any thoughts good or bad about them? Thanks!

Handling suffers.

They are fairly loud though I find it to be acceptable. Particularly loud when accelerating.

Not significantly more efficient than PS4S for me with my wheels - Dekagrams probably less aerodynamic than the 20” wheels.

Have not used in inclement weather yet. This was for temperature only...

Reactions: Solmors
I prefer the towel and Windex method. You can do a more thorough windshield wipe, plus no dried squeegee lines left behind. Just soak the bugs well before you wipe!

Yes. I realize this is like a religious topic ;) , but I just use the spray to get rid of the lines afterwards.

Also, it is tough to soak things well in the desert. Have to be fast and use a lot of moisture it seems.

Go with Stoner's glass cleaner and shop towels or go home :p

Did you end up using A Better Route Planner at all? On my recent road trip, I found it extremely accurate in trip planning.

Handling suffers.

They are fairly loud though I find it to be acceptable. Particularly loud when accelerating.

Not significantly more efficient than PS4S for me with my wheels - Dekagrams probably less aerodynamic than the 20” wheels.

Have not used in inclement weather yet. This was for temperature only...
Thanks! Sounds like it might be acceptable for the winter, but as soon as I can I'll be swapping back to the PS4s.

Go with Stoner's glass cleaner and shop towels or go home :p

Did you end up using A Better Route Planner at all? On my recent road trip, I found it extremely accurate in trip planning.

I did. Used it with Live Data in the car. It was ok. A little buggy at times, didn’t seem to be getting my car status at times.

Helpful though. I used the car planner for the tight leg though.

Funny you posted this. I did the exact same drive not too long ago - San Diego to North Rim. We were going to charge at our cabin at the campsite on 120 but red ring of death (probably no ground)

plugged in at the gas station outside the campsite entrance to 120v for free. Used super chargers otherwise. Pretty much a non event, as it only is with Tesla

Just returned from trip to North Rim Grand Canyon in a Model Y Long Range (315 miles max charge). Spent the night before at Kanab and used a Destination Charger to fully charge the battery. Then, to Point Imperial, Cape Royal and then to the Lodge for the night. There is no charging at the Lodge (or in the park). Next morning, we headed out to Horseshoe Bend in Page, AZ and then to the SuperCharger in Page with about 80 miles range left. This works!!! I did turn off the Sentry Mode and Cabin Overheat in the park, just so that the battery didn't drain too much. You might want to take an adapter for the General Store (14-50) in case you get worried on the way out of the park. The key was to go to Point Imperial and Cape Royal on the way in (or out would work) and not as a separate roundtrip from the Lodge.

• Helpful
Reactions: David29