Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music disappears at ramdom .....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Model S. But I'm having an issue with a small part of the car that is really bugging me. That is getting the music I have on thumb drives to be consistently recognized by the sound system.
To summarize: I put a mix of MP3 and FLAC encoded music on a thumb drive when I first got the car. Everything worked great when I put the drive into the MS USB port. All the artwork displayed and the music played fine.
The next morning when I got in the car, the music was "gone". The "MY MUSIC" didn't show anything on the USB ports. I tried taking out the thumb drive and putting it back in numerous times to no effect.
Thinking that maybe the thumb drive somehow fried, I put some music on another thumb drive the next day. It worked and surprisingly, so did the old drive that I thought was the problem. I had music for a day, and then the next day, it was all gone again. The "My Music" doesn't show anything connected to the USB ports in the car. I know the music is there because I put the drives into my computer and they both play the contained music normally.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or have any suggestions about how to fix the problem?