Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade for 90 limited "A Packs" : Official answer from Jerome Guillen, VP WWSS TM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be grossly inequitable to provide this sort of back door upgrade to a pack owners in CA but not elsewhere. I'd go ballistic, but not worrying until we see if/what actually happens.

Right, which is why it would just be one of the methods they could employ. It would enable them to reduce labor costs to $0 for a sizable fraction of all A packs in the wild. They would have to think up something fair for others outside of CA.

It would be grossly inequitable to provide this sort of back door upgrade to a pack owners in CA but not elsewhere. I'd go ballistic, but not worrying until we see if/what actually happens.

Agreed. I'm only mildly perturbed, but perturbed nonetheless that my March 2013 car came with an A-pack while two individuals I know who have February cars have B-packs. To me, it's a bit different than the issue of dual-drive/autopilot coming out right after someone ordered and received a car without the features because I got a car with earlier technology after cars with the newer technology were being delivered.