Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2023.26.8 broke regen braking on 2017 S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated my 2017 Model S the other night, and the next morning regen braking is broken. I always keep it on Standard strength, but now when I step off the throtty the car just coasts like a fossil burner. Standard feels like Low....They literally are the same: I tried switching back and forth and there's no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Matt

I noticed the exact same thing. Thought I was crazy. I don't charge past 70% daily but still looked down. Took me a bit to get used to lack of regen again.
I did a reboot and then didn't drive it again until tonight.

I just took a short trip but did not notice it like I did. I'll report back tomorrow after another drive and see if it's still there.

Upvote 0
is your car fully charged? Have you tried rebooting?
Hm...Well here's the thing. I was fully charged up yesterday for a road trip. I don't usually charge above 80 and I had forgotten that regen switches off when you're fully charged. BUT the regen stayed off for the duration of the 300 mile trip, on the freeway and off the freeway, before and after a couple of partial chargeups. That's why I assumed it was broken, but maybe it switched itself off at the start, and then for some reason just never came back on.

This morning, I got in the car, rebooted, and everything is working as normal.

Reactions: Gixx1300R
Upvote 0
This morning, I got in the car, rebooted, and everything is working as normal.

Just curious, when the regen wasn't working or felt like it wasn't working, was this showing on your energy display in the dash:

1693671887821.png

Upvote 0