Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor S3XY Buttons - Regenerative braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dimitar

First of all, I love your S3XY buttons

Now my question:
I use Thank You (3) a lot. But want to change it to either Thank You (2) or (1) But I cannot get either one to save and use. No matter what I try it always turns out to be Thank You (3) that is working

Is (3) the only one that works on the M3 or am I not clearing and saving correctly?

Dimitar

First of all, I love your S3XY buttons

Now my question:
I use Thank You (3) a lot. But want to change it to either Thank You (2) or (1) But I cannot get either one to save and use. No matter what I try it always turns out to be Thank You (3) that is working

Is (3) the only one that works on the M3 or am I not clearing and saving correctly?
Maybe the Commander version is not the latest one. Please send the issue to [email protected] with a screenshot of CarInfo screen inside Commander Settings

Dimitar

I should have mentioned what was wrong with the S3XY buttons and why I could not get them to work the way I wanted.

What was wrong was "ME", not S3XY Buttons. I had activated the "Before Tesla 2022.36" button. How that happened, I don't have a clue. But once that was turned off, the Commander update was there and once updated everything was 100% perfect.

You have an excellent product.

Dimitar

I should have mentioned what was wrong with the S3XY buttons and why I could not get them to work the way I wanted.

What was wrong was "ME", not S3XY Buttons. I had activated the "Before Tesla 2022.36" button. How that happened, I don't have a clue. But once that was turned off, the Commander update was there and once updated everything was 100% perfect.

You have an excellent product.
Yeah, that's a common issue with incompatible versions of the car and the Commander. Sorry that it happened to you.
We keep the "Before Tesla 2022.36" toggle because we still have some customers that don't want to update their cars to the latest Tesla software in order to not lose the radar and some Autopilot like distance 1 and higher AP max speed.

Reactions: snovvman
Quick question ... Why does the app need a data connection? I'm using it on an older Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Thought I'd found a use for that old phone) ... but it only starts properly when I'm at home on wifi. Yesterday it started fine for my morning commute and operated properly all the way to work. But at the end of the day it crashed and wouldn't start. The only difference I could think of was that I had no data connection at work (No SIM card). Installing it on my "regular" phone worked fine until I put it in Airplane Mode ... same symptoms. Is there a workaround for this?

Quick question ... Why does the app need a data connection? I'm using it on an older Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Thought I'd found a use for that old phone) ... but it only starts properly when I'm at home on wifi. Yesterday it started fine for my morning commute and operated properly all the way to work. But at the end of the day it crashed and wouldn't start. The only difference I could think of was that I had no data connection at work (No SIM card). Installing it on my "regular" phone worked fine until I put it in Airplane Mode ... same symptoms. Is there a workaround for this?
I have similar issues if I start the app while I'm in the garage and have no internet access from that.

The app needs the Internet to check what's the latest Commander firmware and offer an update if it's available. As you know it's very important to keep your Commander up to date with the latest firmware in order to avoid compatibility issues.

We already have a fix for the crash when the Internet is not available on startup and will release it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Reactions: DrGriz
We already have a fix for the crash when the Internet is not available on startup and will release it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!
For the S3XY knob, do you have any photos of how it looks with the refreshed S? I have your buttons now and this could be a nice option but with the way the console works it might not fit like it does on the 3/Y.

Can a button be programmed to change air suspension settings on a 2023 Refresh MXP? Can a button do multiple commands like a "sport mode" that changes steering, acceleration and suspension settings?
Suspension control will be possible with the Gen 2 Commander soon. Multiple commands is on the list and will come with a bigger app redesign later this year

Sweet. I'll keep an eye on it. I don't see a way to pre-order the new commander only the new rotary knob which I can't use in a MX. Have you considered creating a bundle of buttons / new commander pre order?
We will have bundles with buttons and the new Commander once it's ready. It will work also with the current buttons if someone wants to upgrade the Commander only.

Will the upcoming S3XY knob include the feature where you can drive the car in CHILL but it will switch to Standard automatically with full throttle?
Yes, it's a feature of the Commander which will come together with the S3XY Knob.

We will have bundles with buttons and the new Commander once it's ready. It will work also with the current buttons if someone wants to upgrade the Commander only.

1) Does this imply that there will be a new generation of buttons coming with Gen 2 Commander?
2) What will the Gen 2 Commander do that Gen 1 won't do?
3) Any idea on the initial upgrade cost of Gen 2 Commander only upgrade?

Thanks very much.

1) Does this imply that there will be a new generation of buttons coming with Gen 2 Commander?
2) What will the Gen 2 Commander do that Gen 1 won't do?
3) Any idea on the initial upgrade cost of Gen 2 Commander only upgrade?

Thanks very much.
The buttons will be the same from the outside. We still don’t have a comprehensive comparison between the two Commanders because there are some uncertainties, however, we will try to release the features to both Commanders as much as we can. Suspension control however will be supported only on Gen 2. The cost for the upgrade will be around the price of the current Commander with some additional discount for current users. It's still early to say.

Reactions: snovvman
@dimitar.ns Is it possible to add a feature that disables the adaptive distance cruise control and enables unlimited speed, but dumb cruise control that just keeps the speed? That would be great when the adaptive cc has issues and will also give a higher speed availability to cruise control.

I know that cars without AP sold before 2019 when it was an optional extra came with unlimited speed cruise control so maybe the code is there somewhere?