Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unfinished metal and glue seen around front windshield, normal???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the many issues I have reported is a very unfinished view out the front windshield. You can see rough metal and glue globs when the sun shines on the sides of the window. Does anyone else get this.

Note that I spotted this within 30 seconds of driving the car, so it is easy to see.
IMG_0527.jpg

Is that on the inside or outside of the window? And.. Do you have any pictures of cars that don't have this problem?
I have yet to ride in another one, so nothing to compare to...why I asked the question. This is from the inside looking out. I simply grabbed a quick shot when the sun was hitting it. It disappears when the sun isn't at the right angles.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Seems like if it bothers you, ask Tesla to make it right.
Pictures have been sent to HQ already, along with many other pictures. Every piece of feedback goes to development. Tesla is working to make things right, but I was looking for feedback to see if this is common at all in case they say there is nothing they can do for this particular issue. Note that it isn't as easy to get things fixed/modified on the Model 3 as it is S or X.

• Informative
It could be because HQ expects the service centers to handle stuff like this.

Yes that’s the feeling I get. Pretty much the entire delivery process revolves around the premise of sign here, take the car, and whatever u see wrong, the service center can address it...

And then you go to the service center and they’re just like, wtf are we supposed to do with this?

Strangely enough I’m not complaining, my wife and I are planning to drive the crap out of this one so as long as we have some ceramic tint, aftermarket wheels, and maybe a drop of an inch or so; we’re good! But They should probably make this right because non-current owners will definitely be less patient about this... just like previous non-owners of new S owners were...

But here’s our current view, same but different: in our case a warped premium suede A-Pillar along with the 1/4” hood to fender gap.

We’re passing on clear bra on this one!

E10CDF49-6332-44D1-BCAF-CF78D3C45795.jpeg

PS: have you looked up in your trunk? That gaping hole looks weird no? Definitely not for equalizing trunk pressure... there’s more graceful ways for that vs gaping square. I believe that may be for one of those high school ceiling announcement speakers (Realistic brand), or for Kleenex box dispenser add-on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Yes that’s the feeling I get. Pretty much the entire delivery process revolves around the premise of sign here, take the car, and whatever u see wrong, the service center can address it...

And then you go to the service center and they’re just like, wtf are we supposed to do with this?

Strangely enough I’m not complaining, my wife and I are planning to drive the crap out of this one so as long as we have some ceramic tint, aftermarket wheels, and maybe a drop of an inch or so; we’re good! But They should probably make this right because non-current owners will definitely be less patient about this... just like previous non-owners of new S owners were...

But here’s our current view, same but different: in our case a warped premium suede A-Pillar along with the 1/4” hood to fender gap.

We’re passing on clear bra on this one!

View attachment 275846

PS: have you looked up in your trunk? That gaping hole looks weird no? Definitely not for equalizing trunk pressure... there’s more graceful ways for that vs gaping square. I believe that may be for one of those high school ceiling announcement speakers (Realistic brand), or for Kleenex box dispenser add-on.
That doesn't look good either. However, I do notice the A pillar panel trim extends to the window unlike mine. You can check out my panel alignment on Reddit.
https://i.redd.it/3m6ziqea6bc01.jpg

Not the end of the world.
My dad bought new vehicle once where the windshield leaked. After it was repaired, we
went to pick it up and the interior pieces around the windshield were in the back seat.
So that's what a curtain airbag looks like! Nice job guys

One of the many issues I have reported is a very unfinished view out the front windshield. You can see rough metal and glue globs when the sun shines on the sides of the window. Does anyone else get this.

Note that I spotted this within 30 seconds of driving the car, so it is easy to see.
View attachment 275808
Haven't seen that before. Something is not right. I think the A-pillar cover is just not installed all the way. Believe it just needs to be pushed forward more towards the windshield.

• Informative