Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some notes on retrofitting Homelink to a 2023 Model 3 (likely for any 2021+ with heat pump)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All you need is the Homelink module, but try to find one on ebay that includes the plastic bracket and e-torx bolt. If you don't have the bolt any M6x1.0 by 25mm bolt will do.

1. Remove shroud covering the washer fluid and brake reservoir, just lift up around edges. Remove trim around latch by pulling towards windshield. Disconnect child emergency release button.

2. Seven bolts to remove the frunk liner. Two at the leading edge, two at the bottom of the well, and two near the trailing edge of the frunk under the plastic cover that covers the washer fluid bottle (just lift around edges to pop off). Last one attaches the frunk liner to the windshield washer filler. Also there is a duct at the base of the right side of the windshield. I just unclipped the single clip near the windshield and left it attached to the frunk liner. After removing these bolts, lift up front edge of frunk and release the clips on the left and right side, it should come out without much coaxing.

20231103_145613.jpg
20231103_145615.jpg

3. Homelink on these models do not require bumper removal. They attach to the front bulkhead on the reverse side near the frunk latch. See pic for relative position. The plug for the homelink is there and capped off with a dust cap. Unlike most of the videos I've seen the latch is gray on my car, not red. The connector has space for 5 conductors but has only three wires keyed so it only goes in one way.

20231103_145432.jpg

Folly one of the many other threads or youtube videos on activation for the Model Y to turn it on. I had trouble finding my homelink because I already had MyQ set up, but I was able to find it by just searching for 'homelink' in the settings display on my car.

Reactions: blancmik
I recently purchased a new 2023 Model 3. Dealer provided Homelink part number 1508524-00-A. The new part is harder to find and more expensive than an older one (1114984-00-A). Most places (such as ebay) do not allow returns. Has anyone used an older year Homelink module in a 2023 Model 3 successfully? If so, please provide part number.

I recently purchased a new 2023 Model 3. Dealer provided Homelink part number 1508524-00-A. The new part is harder to find and more expensive than an older one (1114984-00-A). Most places (such as ebay) do not allow returns. Has anyone used an older year Homelink module in a 2023 Model 3 successfully? If so, please provide part number.

(moderator note)

I merged your new thread into an existing thread on the topic of Homelink and 2023 vehicles.

no one seems to know what’s actually different with the 2023 kit. EPC doesn’t show a different module or bracket. This guy on Reddit apparently moved the homelink from his 2020 model to his 2023 without issue.

Reactions: Skavatar