Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC vs SPC - how can SPC get away without the "box"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, on my 14-30, I see what looks like a diode, cathode on neutral, but I see ~2.3Mohms in the conducting direction (and no conduction the other direction). I expected it to look the same as your 10-30 since both are 30A dogbones. I really wish Tesla would publish more technical data.
Yep, I measured 2.6 meg at first. But think about how your meter works... Puts a small voltage out and measures the current. Digital meters are very sensitive, so the voltage can be pretty low. The problem is that the diode is barely conducting at that voltage level, so the apparent resistance is very high. I dug out an old (like 50 years ago) Radio Shack meter, replaced the batteries - no clue how they hadn't leaked - and measured it from there. It read something like 16 ohms.
If you search very old threads you will find at least one that discusses this in detail including what diode, in what direction was used on each adapter.
This one? Wiring UMC for 110/120 volt operation? I don't see any details of the other adapters in that thread, but I do seem to recall that there was one somewhere.