Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector charger questions (install, tax credits, etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. Correct, just the install $, need doc for records showing out of pocket cost, WC will have no $ cost
  2. Yes, I ran 65 feet 1 gauge SER to a subpanel, 125amp box feeder breaker and then 2x 60 amp breakers to 2x WCs, the subpanel gives me options on the far end for the future
  3. As I answered, we did two WCs, we have two Teslas, I also did indoor WC installs and thru wall cable runs with outside mounts this is my right side one View attachment 970522
  4. Yes
  5. The WC comes with everything except of you mount the cable handle away, btw look for a new gen alum cable handle mount, rhe plastic one in the picture is wearing where the handle is held in place
  6. yes, Tesla charging handle to non Tesla EV via J1772 EVDANCE Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter - Max 80 Amp & 250V J1772 EV Adapter Tesla Charger Adapter Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connectors Destination Chargers and Mobile Connectors Amazon.com View attachment 970524
View attachment 970525

Most important for you, read in detail the WC manual, understand everything the Electrican has to complete, make sure WiFi reaches each WC spot
Most important for the Electrican, be sure to torque down all copper to breakers and WC connections
If you're trying to do both NACS (Tesla) and J-1772 (other EV) charging at your home, you might as well get the Tesla Universal Wall Connector that allows power-sharing to your home.

Be more future proof and not worry about 3rd-party adapters, right?

Reactions: kpanda17
I installed my wall charger with 6 THHN on an empty 50amp circuit. Fortunately, I only needed 6’ of wire. Your quote seems high, but I don’t know exactly what work is involved. How much are the supplies and how much is labor. Copper wire is not cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    430.3 KB · Views: 18