Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wear dark blue (and aged blue) jeans and haven't had a problem. My dining room seat needs constant cleaning from the blue, but the seat on our X is fine. Maybe dye variances. I wear AG jeans, and my favorites are "AGed" so maybe some dye is washed out in that process.

I wear dark blue (and aged blue) jeans and haven't had a problem. My dining room seat needs constant cleaning from the blue, but the seat on our X is fine. Maybe dye variances. I wear AG jeans, and my favorites are "AGed" so maybe some dye is washed out in that process.

I think ohmman hit the nail on the head. I am sure there is a difference between $15 Walmart jeans and $200 pair.

• Funny
Reactions: hiroshiy
My drivers side seat looks a little darkened. I'm going to wipe it down today. I wear black slacks most of the time so I'm assuming that is one of the worst things you can do...

Attachments

• IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 249
Yup, no mention of ventilated or perforated. Personally, I don't think that's a big deal. The ventilated seats sucked (literally & figuratively) and I hardly noticed a difference when they were on.
Agreed. My wife likes them, and I can somewhat notice them making me less sweaty. But I find them noisy, and wish the seats weren't perforated (especially in the middle row).

Thanks for the replies - and yes, I washed the jeans (twice) before wearing them on the seats. They cleaned up after scrubbing, but think i'm just not going to wear the dark jeans anymore.

For those saying that they're wearing dark jeans and no transfer, must just be a different type of dye. Also not really faulting Tesla or the seats, just want folks to be aware of the issue before buying.

Reactions: ohmman
After only 3 days, someone sat in my passenger seat and left a little mark in the centre of the seat pad. Thinking it would wipe away later, I left it for a day. When trying to wipe it away though, it wouldn't go! Eventually after using only natural methods to clean the spot gently (no hard scrubbing) I got most of it out but not all. I was disappointed after hearing about the stain resistance of the seats.

I have no idea what that stain was.

After only 3 days, someone sat in my passenger seat and left a little mark in the centre of the seat pad. Thinking it would wipe away later, I left it for a day. When trying to wipe it away though, it wouldn't go! Eventually after using only natural methods to clean the spot gently (no hard scrubbing) I got most of it out but not all. I was disappointed after hearing about the stain resistance of the seats.

I have no idea what that stain was.

il_570xN.718012628_761n.jpg

Mine do not show any wear like that. Once I start to see any wear beyond what I'd expect, I'll consider covers or some edge protection. Or a warranty claim..

I also plan to trade back in once I've owned it for 4 years, so there's that.
I agree. While I have one seat with slight denim discoloration, all the rest are in impeccable condition. Can't say the same for the velvety type material on the sides of the second row seats. That stuff is definitely getting darker.

Oh, and another data point - a few months after delivery the perforations were ripping at the seam on a second row seat. Tesla replaced the whole seat, under warranty. Not exactly the same condition, but gives me hope they'll do the right thing if it becomes a problem. Honestly I'd be happy if they decided they needed to replace all except for my front seats with non-perforated versions. Well, I'd be fine with the front seats too, but my wife would scream bloody murder at the loss of her ventilation.