Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on what postage you chose, you may get a very dodgy sounding phone call from DHL saying you need to pay a customs fee and they send text with a link. It is legit, but to be safe, follow the links from the tracking info to DHL website, which if you can find them, will take you to the duty bill and a way to pay - avoids the info in the phone call - amount she said exactly matched the amount on DHL invoice.

I'm convinced that part of my postage costs (~$30) included duty handling fee. My order actually came a day earlier than I expected, but I was out so missed it. Sat -> Wed but delivered Thu.
Thanks for heads up. Mine is coming via DHL so I have this to look forward to I guess.

Depending on what postage you chose, you may get a very dodgy sounding phone call from DHL saying you need to pay a customs fee and they send text with a link. It is legit, but to be safe, follow the links from the tracking info to DHL website, which if you can find them, will take you to the duty bill and a way to pay - avoids the info in the phone call - amount she said exactly matched the amount on DHL invoice.

I'm convinced that part of my postage costs (~$30) included duty handling fee. My order actually came a day earlier than I expected, but I was out so missed it. Sat -> Wed but delivered Thu.
I preempted the phone call by entering my waybill number onto a DHL “pay now” website link that you provided in another thread, since the tracking was showing that it has passed through customs here.

It then told me that I had £19.33 to pay. Not sure if that would’ve prevented delivery or not but figured I might as well pay it to expedite it.

£19.33 customs isn’t that bad on a $248 order. I’ve paid much more via Royal Mail for lower value ones.

Single real carbon cover. Fits well and is a lovely product that matched the weave of the Carbon Wurks mirror caps well but possibly too shiny. I'll see how I get on with it. Didn't like the white. Ebay special that is great value for money.

Carbon Fiber Interior Dashboard Right Panel Cover Trim For Tesla Model 3 2018-19 | eBay

I'm not keen on the wood look for the black interior so may get this. I just need to be careful as its a lease and don't want to cause any damage adding things like this.

That’s an amazing DIY job!

I’m planning to use this:
Zendure 5 Ports USB-C Hub Portable Charger 20000mAh, X6 45W PD&QC 3.0 Power Bank (LED Display, UPS Continuous Power, Low Power Mode) Compatible Macbook, iPhone, Smartwatches, More - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075Q5VLGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8sA2DbB289E22

It’s a battery with a hub. The Tesla trickle charges the battery, and your phones fast charge off the battery (much faster than if plugged in directly to the Tesla), and a USB key for sentry / dash cam works too. I’m using a raspberry pi for my dash/sentry, so this battery will keep the pi running after the car goes to sleep (not that it matters, but hopefully it will mean the pi doesn’t get uncleanly powered off).

Hey - just wanted to find out if you (or anyone else) got this in the end and if you are happy with it? I am not happy with the poor charging speeds my phone gets from the front USB ports and it doesn't seem like there are any easy fixes... I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I cannot get it to Fast Charge via the ports (have tried splitters etc.). My wife uses an iPhone 11.

Just wondering if this battery pack idea is worthwhile... And if you can use it to power the Wireless chargers rather than the front USB ports as without the correct power levels we cannot seem to engage Wireless Fast Charging either! (And if it works with the wireless chargers then at least there is no hassle with connecting cables)

(I have to say I am somewhat disappointed that the Front Ports (or indeed all the USB ports) do not have the power needed to fast charge ... this surely cannot be something Tesla were unaware of??!!)

Having all that, I am grateful that this is such a First World Problem ! :)

I did see a video of how to take off the trim and run the cables through from it - but I am totally useless at DIY (in fact, the Mrs has banned me from it altogether after one or two (I lost count) failed attempts!)

So the thought of taking my baby apart scares me !

Hence thinking this battery pack idea might be the way forwards - I am hoping that it will trickle charge the power bank every time I am charging the car and also whenever sentry mode is on. That way I should never run out off juice, and should be able to get fast phone charging without hurting my baby!

I have seen a couple of people mention Zendure, though, TBH I have never ever heard of them!

Hey - just wanted to find out if you (or anyone else) got this in the end and if you are happy with it? I am not happy with the poor charging speeds my phone gets from the front USB ports and it doesn't seem like there are any easy fixes... I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I cannot get it to Fast Charge via the ports (have tried splitters etc.). My wife uses an iPhone 11.

Just wondering if this battery pack idea is worthwhile... And if you can use it to power the Wireless chargers rather than the front USB ports as without the correct power levels we cannot seem to engage Wireless Fast Charging either! (And if it works with the wireless chargers then at least there is no hassle with connecting cables)

(I have to say I am somewhat disappointed that the Front Ports (or indeed all the USB ports) do not have the power needed to fast charge ... this surely cannot be something Tesla were unaware of??!!)

Having all that, I am grateful that this is such a First World Problem ! :)
Yep, I'm happy with it. It will definitely allow you to fast charge a phone -- I've charged a MacBook off it!

You have to double-click the little button it has to put it into "Hub" mode, so the bottom two connectors are bridged through to the car so you can plug a USB stick (or in my case a Raspberry Pi emulating a USB stick) into the battery and the Tesla still sees the USB stick.

I did see a video of how to take off the trim and run the cables through from it - but I am totally useless at DIY (in fact, the Mrs has banned me from it altogether after one or two (I lost count) failed attempts!)

Hence thinking this battery pack idea might be the way forwards - I am hoping that it will trickle charge the power bank every time I am charging the car and also whenever sentry mode is on. That way I should never run out off juice, and should be able to get fast phone charging without hurting my baby!

I have seen a couple of people mention Zendure, though, TBH I have never ever heard of them!
It will charge the battery pack whenever the car isn't in deep sleep. I've never heard of them either, but the construction quality seems pretty nice, and so far (2-3 months) so good.

Reactions: gidster99

I’m thinking of doing similar. I won’t need to wirelessly charge my phone every day, but when I do want to do it, because I’ve been out all day or whatever, I want to do it quickly enough.

So long as you’re not using the wireless charger everyday (otherwise it would drain faster than it charges) the battery ought to get topped up.

I have the abstract ocean vinyl wrap for sale.

Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wrap

have never even opened the package.

decided to go with the center console shell instead

PM me , would post out at equivalent to small discount to you buying it from Abstract Ocean and as I’m UK based you’ll get straight away.

Will throw in door release stickers also free as never used them either

any questions give me a shout

Last edited:
Just installed mine yesterday from Atlantic Ocean. Great service. Great quality.
CA696E16-25B9-4764-8429-F9B932E287D0.jpeg
2F99019C-F69E-41A2-AEB8-EAF5E9384ADE.jpeg

Reactions: Durzel