Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] ‘Highland’ order discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Highland refresh is available…but…it’s not for America, it’s not for the UK and it’s not for the Performance.
Tesla are fast at ramping things up once they get going…I would guess at sometime early next year for a RHD M3P..in the meantime keep an eye on Tesla offering discounts on existing stock…you could be persuaded 👍🏻
No I think if they could sell it as is in the UK we’d have it listed like they are doing for Australia which is also RHD. It does seem likely they will need to redesign the rear light cluster first to make it legal to be sold in the UK.

Yes they have strong deals on the old models but once that stock dries up it feels like there could be a pretty lengthy period of time when the Model 3 isn’t going to be available to buy new here. Feels like the Model S / X all over again though hopefully won’t be as long and we at least shouldn’t get shafted with LHD models in a RHD market.

So the UK is going to help out and take some of their capacity as well

I wonder if they will want to be bothered to convert USA production line to RHD? vs. doing that in China (and assuming they have all the "bits" for RHD Highland (and UK/EU Regs compliant ...) in-stock in China.

Maybe they get such a new-model-sales-boost that they will sell all they can make, LHD, for e.g. 6 months? If so then no new sales in UK costs them nothing , UK punters sit-and-wait, and then have a bumper build of RHD as that initial me-first enthusiasm bubble wanes in LHD countries and they satisfy back-orders in RHD countries.

But seems odd to me that they aren't in a hurry to do Highland built in USA / for USA customers.

My expectation is that there will be a new announcement, sooner than we appear to be expecting, that it is "now coming" - both the RHD for UK and LHD for USA

I've seen it mentioned a couple times now about the hazard lights being an issue. Highland has lights at the bottom of the back bumper which are used as reversing lights and hazards. There's absolutely no issue with the boot/light cluster design

Probably because those older Model 3s will fetch a decent price and the newer model at lower price point is attractive to them. Normal buyers too for the April 2025 exemption on expensive car supplement VEL duty.
Or maybe because there aren't any of the old ones left to supply. They converted the factory to Highland weeks ago so anything RHD will have been shipped by now so until Highland arrives there will be no more RHD M3 stock I would think.

The Expensive car supplement, as reported in the press, is not going to impact cars registered before April 2025. Normal VED will affect all EV's from April 2025. ( so remember to re-tax for £0 in March 2025!)

My mate placed a lease order on the old one via. an Octopus employee scheme on 12th September. Tesla sent him a message today saying they are in contact with the lease co. to provide him the new model.
I had placed an order for a M3LR via Octopus a couple of weeks ago and then they cancelled the order! As between the time it took my HR to sign off and get the paper work back to them they said Tesla wouldn't then accept any more orders other than for the RWD LR which is in stock already in the country, it is still only the RWD LR showing on the Octopus site for ordering even with the new change on the Tesla site.

In the end I've decided to go for the current RWD LR, miss out on the new seat/look and see how people get on with having no indicator sticks, plus the RWD LR is cheaper per month and sounded good enough to me when I went to a SC to try their demo.

Black beauty RWD
1697574055827.png

LFPS have been amazing
It’s a rocket ship in sport mode

Reactions: H Mak