Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two issues for Tesla Y experts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I have two issues that hope somebody knows how to address:

1 - how do I make the tesla browser not open its default page but instead use my custom page?

2 - If I have two residences, how do I manage not to automatically close doors in both locations?

Thx in advance and Happy Friday!

Hello!

I have two issues that hope somebody knows how to address:

1 - how do I make the tesla browser not open its default page but instead use my custom page?

2 - If I have two residences, how do I manage not to automatically close doors in both locations?

Thx in advance and Happy Friday!
I think you're supposed to have one Tesla for every home.

No, I want Tesla not to lock doors in both homes.
OK. According to the Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual: Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla

If the optional key fob or the phone key remains within range for five minutes after all doors have been closed then the doors will not lock.

Note: If Model Y detects an authenticated key for five minutes after you exit the vehicle and close all doors, Walk-Away Lock disables and doors do not lock when you walk away. In this case, you must manually lock your vehicle until after your next drive.

You can use TeslaFi to automate based on geo location, this is what I do for sentry with it always off otherwise.

Sentry is Off in the car
Sentry is on for all untagged locations
Sentry is on for selected tagged locations
Sentry if off for selected tagged locations

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
You can use TeslaFi to automate based on geo location, this is what I do for sentry with it always off otherwise.

Sentry is Off in the car
Can TeslaFi set the doors to lock after you walk away based on geo location?

Looks like its under schedules. I haven't tested this use case, but it works well for controlling sentry mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220819-223304.png
    Screenshot_20220819-223304.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
hmm the garage one is interesting. Its geo location based and activates when the car is in drive or reverse

You can't set one homelink to two garages that I'm aware of but if one is set to one and the other is the other it shouldn't be an issue. Make your life easy and just bring the garage remote in the center console

hmm the garage one is interesting. Its geo location based and activates when the car is in drive or reverse

You can't set one homelink to two garages that I'm aware of but if one is set to one and the other is the other it shouldn't be an issue. Make your life easy and just bring the garage remote in the center console
It is not the Homelink function; it is the walk away door lock function. You can only set the door lock to be off at only one (Home) location. There is no option for door lock to be off at a second location.

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3

You can't use homelink for more then one garage? That's unfortunate.

Last edited:
Reactions: everydaychris

Sentry is Off in the car

Interesting...

I wonder if there is a free open source option similar to TeslaFi

I also have two house. At my first location, door stay unlocked by geolocation. For the second house, I kill the Tesla app on my phone before opening the door, then the doors stay unlocked when i get out of the car. I have found a way to enter two locations at which doors stay unlocked.

Reactions: chudak
I also have two house. At my first location, door stay unlocked by geolocation. For the second house, I kill the Tesla app on my phone before opening the door, then the doors stay unlocked when i get out of the car. I have found a way to enter two locations at which doors stay unlocked.
Oh I get that. I was just saying you can use homelink at many locations. I'm not sure how to solve your issue other than get a key fob and just leave it in the car