Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with car connecting automatically when entering the car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I just purchased my 2022 Tesla Model 3, LR, AWD a couple of weeks ago. I am having connection issues I believe with the computer in the car.
The version I have downloaded to the Tesla, is V11.1, I am using an iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17.5.

My wife and I both drive the vehicle, however, it doesn’t matter who unlocks and enters the driver’s seat, it doesn’t recognize the driver, and seat settings remain set to whoever drove the car last. I am also having to repair the Bluetooth / phone, every time I enter the car, it doesn’t automatically pair with the phone, I do have my phone as the main default to connect to the car. I am not really sure that this is supposed to be the case or not, but from what I have been reading in the forum’s, it is supposed to know who is driving and pair to our phones automatically.

Can anyone tell me if they have been having the same issues, or how I could fix this issue? my car has 90,000 on it, so it no longer has a warranty.

Thank you for your time

I don’t have that issue, so I can’t say this is the solution, but I’m curious.…do you have location settings set to ‘always’ and ‘precise location’ turned on?

Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Tesla

IMG_7461.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hello, I just purchased my 2022 Tesla Model 3, LR, AWD a couple of weeks ago. I am having connection issues I believe with the computer in the car.
The version I have downloaded to the Tesla, is V11.1, I am using an iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17.5.

My wife and I both drive the vehicle, however, it doesn’t matter who unlocks and enters the driver’s seat, it doesn’t recognize the driver, and seat settings remain set to whoever drove the car last. I am also having to repair the Bluetooth / phone, every time I enter the car, it doesn’t automatically pair with the phone, I do have my phone as the main default to connect to the car. I am not really sure that this is supposed to be the case or not, but from what I have been reading in the forum’s, it is supposed to know who is driving and pair to our phones automatically.

Can anyone tell me if they have been having the same issues, or how I could fix this issue? my car has 90,000 on it, so it no longer has a warranty.

Thank you for your time
Do you have the phone keys associated with the driver profiles?

Th e traditional phone "pairing" (e.g for mucis playback) is distinct from, and not related to, the lock/unlock etc functions of the car. To have the car automatically choose a driver profile when it unlocks, connect the phone key to the appropriate driver profile (in the car).

Reactions: EcoGeek
Upvote 0
This part of the UI is confusing. (BTW my 2020 M3 is now good at detecting which phone key is unlocking the driver's door.)

Each phone key can be set to select a driver profile, and each driver profile can have a preferred BT device to connect to for phone calls, text messages, and streaming audio.

Key -> profile -> preferred BT audio device

You have to set up the phone-as-key, and pair the BT connections, and sometimes poke the car to connect the BT connection. BT pairing is about authentication; you shouldn't have to repeat those steps to reconnect.

Another confusing part about the UI is you edit a profile to configure which keys select that profile, which seems backwards. I forgot where you configure the preferred Bluetooth audio device.

Reactions: EcoGeek
Upvote 0