Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Maurer and Anton Wahlman are really making a case for proving themselves as unabashed and unrepenting retards, especially with today's cuvée. :D

I've come to find their articles in SA as just pure, entertaining comedy. (Worth exactly just that) I know, I know, clickbait... But can you blame me for a little pop-corn and entertainment? :D

Bill Maurer and Anton Wahlman are really making a case for proving themselves as unabashed and unrepenting retards, especially with today's cuvée. :D

I've come to find their articles in SA as just pure, entertaining comedy. (Worth exactly just that) I know, I know, clickbait... But can you blame me for a little pop-corn and entertainment? :D
When there is need there is supply, I feel smart bears really are looking for people who would fall for those articles to pick up the shorts they’ve left.

technically, we never really know exactly WHEN the recession "hits" until after it has hit.

I will keep saying this till people stop forecasting recession without considering that energy is the uber-factor.

In the months prior to the GFC the oil price climbed steadily to $150 US per barrel. Blind Freddy could see it coming.

In a cleantech driven boom the pressure on the oil price will be downwards. History is now history.

The infamous Anton Wahlman just published a comparison of the new Toyota RAV4 v the Tesla model 3. He was reaaaaly stretching on this one boy. What I absolutely love is that 90% of the responses call him out on what a stupid comparison it is.

Very refreshing to see the shorts getting pulled down on SA.

What I find most surprising is that when I google 'TSLA', the top three news items suggested to me are from SA, one being the non-sensical A. Wahlrus going on about some SUV that is going to be the next Tesla killer.

How does SA manage that non-trivial feat of getting their drivel so high up in Google's Pagerank?

Last edited:
Non inflationary growth is the optimum scenario, and with energy down
And weak global growth , it’s unlikely inflation will accelerate.

Nonetheless the Fed has been known to err and err frequently, and the tariff situation
Presents some perils to supply chains. The markets appear to have discounted some of
That recently. Dow Jones earnings are up 28% yoy, and the Dow index is about
Unchanged over the same time frame. Anything positive going forward does
Not appear to have been discounted.

Reactions: neroden
1D209D1F-7465-45AA-A5F1-6AD9D695DDC4.png
ARK dumping another 30k shares, as usual

General question- where do you think the money flows to?
Equities are down, Gold is down, Oil is down, Criptos are down.
Are all the money sidelined waiting for bottom?

A huge part of the money that is going out does kind of vanish ... it is used to cover other commitments and effectively does only reduce interest. Another part goes into cash or bonds ... so called safe places .... in my eyes the only thing that is safe there is that you know how much you loose over time (exception with some bonds).

A third part never really existed if you look at the reduction in market cap an index or stock had versus today.

That last part most people do not understand. Imagine you have a stock that is worth $500. Everybody believes he own the amount of stock he/she has multiplied by $500 but that's a wrong assumption. If enough people that day cash out like we have seen the last days, you realize your average sell price is lower and therefore the market cap you though the stock had was just virtually real on paper but never in hard $ or €.

If you have a real crash in the market and we do not have that today than the majority of the money people believe should be now in cash or gold available just disappears in a magic way.

The fun part is in a bull market everybody believes he is rich but he/she ísn't and in a crash scenario people believe they are bankrupt but they aren't.

Now I likely confused you.... sorry!

Last edited:
That's beautiful.

Thanks. Alternative closer was "For the first time in history energy is a product we can ramp at will, not a scarce resource". Then you get into a debate about glass, silicon, steel, concrete, sand, lithium, cobalt, nickel etc being scarce. The point is all those thing should last till we reach zero emissions, then from that point on be recyclable.

View attachment 354322 ARK dumping another 30k shares, as usual

Interesting and thanks for sharing.

My read is that ARK optimize short term gains and sell a few Tesla to buy for instance Nvidia that is oversold in my view. So its a question of opportunity and risk assessment.

I do not believe this has anything to do with their opinion about Tesla as an investment but rather with balancing risks and opportunities where they may see this market as in a correction but not in a bear market. If they would believe in a bear market then they would wait at the sidelines and just sell and pile cash until the market is bottoming out.

IOW I call their buy/sell behaviour bullish.

Status
Not open for further replies.