Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to keep today in perspective, while the overall market has been declining, TSLA has been on a tear from 260 for the last week. Today is just a small correction/consolidation for the stock, I don't think we are done climbing. The market makers will play their games, but the trend upward will get harder to contain. Oddly enough, I am seeing a rise in positive articles about Tesla that are not from Electrek. Shoot, Forbes is our corner for now!

Why Bob 'Tesla Is Headed For The Graveyard' Lutz Is Wrong
This statement right here nails it. Generation after generation has been born into a controlled environment.....but not anymore! My daughter will never drive an ICE. :)

We have paid to fill our tanks all these years because we didn't have a choice.

Regarding the FF news, if they do go under as it appears they will, do you guys think Tesla should make a play for the factory? The article says that, quote:

Faraday Future signed a lease for the Hanford factory in August 2017, and it promised the local government that it would eventually create around 1,300 jobs. The company spent most of 2018 refurbishing the factory — which had sat dormant since 2001 when it was used to make Pirelli Tires — to get it ready for the production of the company’s electric luxury SUV, the FF91.

Depending on how far along the refurbishment is, would this be a good opportunity to get a new location for Model Y, Roadster and Semi production, or are we better off building out production at GF1?

If we're nominating Dwayne's, then the clear, and nerdiest choice, by far, would be - and believe it or not, there is an E.V. tie-in here, a biscuit to anyone that gets it...

9d8eaa2af71e889202192b2d328602b3.jpg

Ah, you're all bunch of lightweight pussies!!

So this is Dawyne Dibley, the alter-ego character of the hyper-cool Cat from Red Dwarf - one of James Halliday's favourite sitcoms of all time, likely Elon too...

So where's the EV link? Well there was another main character, Kryten, an android, who was played by (and maybe still is, as he show is still running) Robert Llewellyn, who of course is the PR/front-man of Fully Charged.

Never watched Red Dwarf? You missed out... Season 01 is a bit slow and not at all like the following seasons, but it sets the scene. Highly recommended up to season 07, after which it went to sucrose...

red-dwarf.png

Last edited:
Only if they also add Dominique Leroy (CEO of the biggest Belgian Telecom company known for Skynet, de beste portaalsite in België) as extra board member.

Pfff, I worked in Belgacom, later Proximus for 11 years. Initially under John Goossens, who was a great CEO, then Didier Bellens, who was a freaking idiot. I hear Dominique is not too bad though...

• Informative
Reactions: NicoV
TSLA trading volume had been quite heavy the previous five days as the share price soared upward, then volume dried up today. That implies a lack of participation by institutions today other than hedge funds. October 31 marks the end of the fiscal year for many of them. Under the current two-day settlement rule, yesterday would have been the last day to complete their "window dressing" portfolio rebalancing. I suspect that much of today's selling was by short sellers who borrowed shares from those funds that are now loaded up with TSLA.

TSLA trading volume dried up today. That implies a lack of participation by institutions other than hedge funds. October 31 marks the end of the fiscal year for many of them. Under the current two-day settlement rule, yesterday would have been the last day to complete their "window dressing" portfolio rebalancing. I suspect that much of today's selling was by short sellers who borrowed shares from those funds that are now loaded up with TSLA.
That seems bullish to me

AND we're back above 330 in AH. Someone took a huge gamble just to paint it below 330 for nothing at all

Last edited:
Shouldn't be dilutive. He's buying $20M in shares personally, on the open market, to counter the miniscule dilution created by Tesla corporation having to pay out $20M of shareholder's money to the SEC. If anything, it should drive the stock up a little bit as a decent number of shares get taken out of circulation.
Lol. The most disagreed with post I've ever made, and what ends up happening? Musk buys up a bunch of shares on the open market.

Elon Musk buys $10 million in Tesla shares and plans to purchase $20 million more next week

In the end, we were both right.

(feel free to remove those disagrees, if you're so inclined :p )

Regarding the FF news, if they do go under as it appears they will, do you guys think Tesla should make a play for the factory? The article says that, quote:

Faraday Future signed a lease for the Hanford factory in August 2017, and it promised the local government that it would eventually create around 1,300 jobs. The company spent most of 2018 refurbishing the factory — which had sat dormant since 2001 when it was used to make Pirelli Tires — to get it ready for the production of the company’s electric luxury SUV, the FF91.

Depending on how far along the refurbishment is, would this be a good opportunity to get a new location for Model Y, Roadster and Semi production, or are we better off building out production at GF1?
I think we should vote and notify Elon of our decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.