Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Tesla has accomplished is almost as impossible as synchronized landing of twin rocket boosters from space. This is why the shorts and every auto maker are just waiting for Tesla to go bankrupt. It's impossible to manufacture a quality vehicle that can compete with legacy auto makers who had the benefit of 70-100 years of experience. Tesla had to learn from a century worth of failures, and then surpass them by a mile in a matter of 10 years. People keep comparing a Model 3 to the iPhone. Elon wish the flip phone manufactures were his competition. It almost seems like an afternoon side project in comparison. In fact some small company could have invented the iPhone off kickstarter and people wouldn't even be surprised.

Why lol?? He has countless advantages:
  • He'd give the Tesla board some ... weight and muscle.
  • Maybe shorts would think twice whether to mess with the Tesla?
  • He's also the rags to riches blue collar hero that would be the perfect guy to introduce the Tesla Pickup Truck.
  • Also, should it come to it, the Tesla committee that oversees Elon's tweeting habits would require some real ... power, to wrestle Elon's smartphone from him, should it be required?

:D
If we're nominating Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, then I'd like to nominate as our second new board member, Kevin Hart. They just have such a comically good bromance going.

Some people will freak out that Dwayne Johnson gave a speech at the Republican Convention.

Per Wikipedia :

Johnson attended the 2000 Democratic National Convention as part of WWE's non-partisan "Smackdown Your Vote" campaign, which aimed to influence young people to vote. He also had a speaking role at the 2000 Republican National Convention that same year. In 2017, he told GQ Magazine that he was registered as an independent.

Be sure to keep today in perspective, while the overall market has been declining, TSLA has been on a tear from 260 for the last week. Today is just a small correction/consolidation for the stock, I don't think we are done climbing. The market makers will play their games, but the trend upward will get harder to contain. Oddly enough, I am seeing a rise in positive articles about Tesla that are not from Electrek. Shoot, Forbes is our corner for now!

Why Bob 'Tesla Is Headed For The Graveyard' Lutz Is Wrong

wg.JPG

2lc1oc.gif

Lmaoooo

"Yeah, you know. We're just waiting on SOMETHING negative. It's a sure thing, beargang. This thesis is ****ing bulletproof. The shorty air force has been making highly uhm, effective, surgical strikes and now all that's left is... Something. Something is going to lead to bankwupcy definitely. This is just science. It's done. Scholars all agree, something negative will happen and boom, donezo. Say nay, I dare ye. It's a wrap."

If we're nominating Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, then I'd like to nominate as our second new board member, Kevin Hart. They just have such a comically good bromance going.
I would rather have Paul "Triple H" Levesque on the board. Then whenever there's a disagreement at a board meeting, The Rock and Triple H can hit each other with steel chairs and one guy can throw the other through the conference room table. Then the meeting will be adjourned.

Surprised I never saw Arnold Schwarzeneggar as one of the suggestions for new board member - or chairperson.

He has inroads to politics... he loves Tesla and was around when they were acquiring the NUMMI factory, he has experience with politics and appears to straddle both sides of the spectrum, and cares deeply about the environment. He could be a new forward-facing entity for the company, allowing Elon to concentrate on what's going on inside. If Elon would want/allow that. He could be present during product launches.

Only downsides I can think of is, he might be too pro-California to be neutral to the company's needs... and also... he is Arnold Schwazeneggar :)

Happy to see the stock held around $330 today. This is only 15% or so off the all-time high. TSLA is in a sideways drifting period until October sales estimates come out.

Surprised I never saw Arnold Schwarzeneggar as one of the suggestions for new board member - or chairperson.

He has inroads to politics... he loves Tesla and was around when they were acquiring the NUMMI factory, he has experience with politics and appears to straddle both sides of the spectrum, and cares deeply about the environment. He could be a new forward-facing entity for the company, allowing Elon to concentrate on what's going on inside. If Elon would want/allow that. He could be present during product launches.

Only downsides I can think of is, he might be too pro-California to be neutral to the company's needs... and also... he is Arnold Schwazeneggar :)

Happy to see the stock held around $330 today. This is only 15% or so off the all-time high. TSLA is in a sideways drifting period until October sales estimates come out.
This is one of the few chairman suggestions that I kinda dig just on a gut level.

Surely that will terminate questions about weapons-grade AI on earnings conference calls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.