Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Musk, though, had other concerns. “What’s that smell?” he asked. Everyone went silent. They knew Musk was so sensitive to odors that job candidates were told not to wear cologne or perfume when they met him. They had seen him become upset over small issues like this, had observed him attack executives for their incompetence and inabilities. One person explained that there were vats of liquid silicon nearby. When heated, it sometimes smelled like burning plastic.

These vapors were going to kill people, Musk said. They were going to kill him."

Wait, UAW tells me that Tesla's plants are full of toxic gases and Musk doesn't care.... Please don't tell me that UAW has been leading people astray...

This article author was just on CNBC.

Later today will be Chanos. Time to get out the garlic.

The article keeps getting increasingly hit-piecey. Example:

---
One person who tried to share concerns with Musk himself was his personal assistant. She approached him one day in private, according to people who later heard about the conversation. Executives are struggling, she told Musk. (In an email, she objected to any suggestion of tension with Musk and declined interview requests.)

Colleagues say the assistant was a gentle, calming presence in Musk’s life. It was her job to give him feedback, even if it was sometimes hard to hear. She was beloved by other executives, who often asked her to help them gauge Musk’s moods.

A few months later, she left the company.

---

So let me get this strait. A person - who is no longer with the company, and thus has no incentive to spin things - tells you that the way you want to report things about them personally is wrong. But you're still going to report them that way regardless?

Here you go:

(...) "Our $4,000 price target assumes that Tesla evolves from a hardware manufacturer with 19% gross margins to a company generating most of its profits from Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS), a business that we believe will enjoy 80% gross margins. In the $4,000 scenario, our assumptions are conservative: we incorporate profits only from cars and certain autonomous taxi networks, not from trucks, drones, utility scale energy storage, or the MaaS opportunity in China. Further, we incorporate the roughly $20 billion in dilution that might be necessary to penetrate and scale the latter four markets. Clearly, most asset managers in the public markets do not agree with us, which is why I’m writing to you now." (...)

Tesla-Model-ARK-Aug-2018.png

Dear Elon: An Open Letter Against Taking Tesla Private - ARK Investment Management

I don't understand why they project such a high R&D cost. The advantage of Musk's leadership is a tight efficient research shop i think. Look at spacex.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
Wow, talk about hardcore spin:

---
He also sent insults via other means. “You’re a horrible human being,” he emailed a former employee who had spoken out about Tesla, according to Business Insider.
---

Really? We're just going to - without any context - label Tripp "a former employee who had spoken out about Tesla"? No mention of the whole "actively trying to sabotage the company and frame his coworkers" thing? Not important, I guess?

Lycanthrope, thanks for backing me in that Twitter exchange with Fed Zeppelin and his Luddite League of Idiots. I tried not to twist the knife, but nor was I going to give him a big sympathy bro hug!

It's my second job :)

I try to be as calm as I can and to keep my gloating in check, but I cannot stand the lies and disgusting things they say about Elon and Tesla, this is my major problem.

You see now, on that same thread, a shortie has come with one of their dumb-ass comments, so I'm a little more strident...

The article keeps getting increasingly hit-piecey. Example:

---
One person who tried to share concerns with Musk himself was his personal assistant. She approached him one day in private, according to people who later heard about the conversation. Executives are struggling, she told Musk. (In an email, she objected to any suggestion of tension with Musk and declined interview requests.)

Colleagues say the assistant was a gentle, calming presence in Musk’s life. It was her job to give him feedback, even if it was sometimes hard to hear. She was beloved by other executives, who often asked her to help them gauge Musk’s moods.

A few months later, she left the company.

---

So let me get this strait. A person - who is no longer with the company, and thus has no incentive to spin things - tells you that the way you want to report things about them personally is wrong. But you're still going to report them that way regardless?

Maybe she doesn't want to get double fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.