Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, talk about hardcore spin:

---
He also sent insults via other means. “You’re a horrible human being,” he emailed a former employee who had spoken out about Tesla, according to Business Insider.
---

Really? We're just going to - without any context - label Tripp "a former employee who had spoken out about Tesla"? No mention of the whole "actively trying to sabotage the company and frame his coworkers" thing? Not important, I guess?
Wired is a dirty rag. I already knew this, but I still had a subscription. I'm cancelling and I really hope they ask me why.

I stopped reading WIRED Tesla stories.
All made up nonsense for clicks.

Unsubscribed from WIRED in Apple News.
Too much making up.
Not enough reporting.

Concur. I'm thinking this article is a similar one Wired did about Steve Jobs. I'm actually glad he's a DRIVER and ruthless, b/c honestly being a nice friendly business guy / CEO won't cut it for innovation. That engineer who got fired still got a taste of working for one of the greatest companies of all time...

No, the fundamental Eurozone problem @neroden raised is simple arithmetics: it's mathematically impossible for all EU countries to be net exporters to each other, except if trade is perfectly balanced (i.e. near zero trade balances), i.e. if Germany reduces exports or increases imports: but in 2017 Germany exported 1,279 billion euros and imported goods of 1,034.6 billion euros - a trade gap of over +23%!

If you check historic charts this German trade gap opened with the creation of the Eurozone in 2000:
Germany-Trade.gif

Germany's trade surplus tripled after the introduction of the Euro. By 2010, the start of the Euro crisis, Germany has exported around 1 trillion Euros worth of goods to EU trade partners.

By definition these EU trade partners have amassed a -1 trillion Euro deficit towards Germany.

These are simple facts and the rules of arithmetics are uniform everywhere: it's mathematically impossible for every EU country to have such a surplus towards other EU countries.
Did you ever work for the BeeeB i.e.: simplify for the peasants and only half the story. I'm not going to wast time but we're back to Posches vs olives in just one case, but you are right the Euro was never going to work but was a forlorn hope over reality job. Always as long as someone pays for grandiose ideas, and the thick end always carried by our German friends then that's OK

Back to reading the article. In one paragraph they assert that Musk's offer of a submarine was "partially rebuffed" (reality: he was encouraged by Stanton to keep building it, right up to the end); neglects (of course) to mention that Musk's tweet about Vern was in response to Vern going on international television and telling Musk to shove the sub up his arse; repeats the distortion that a company trying to get better terms on not-yet-delivered-parts is some sort of desperate, unusual move; then of course your standard $420 attacks.

That's all just in one paragraph.
In a long article.

Did you ever work for the BeeeB i.e.: simplify for the peasants and only half the story. I'm not going to wast time but we're back to Posches vs olives in just one case, but you are right the Euro was never going to work but was a forlorn hope over reality job. Always as long as someone pays for grandiose ideas, and the thick end always carried by our German friends then that's OK

Please, none of this "Germany good or bad, Euro will work or not" stuff... the market is about to open. Let's keep the topic on Tesla :)

see, Tesla owners are all nuts and most of them are even investors... ;)

DuQanwRUYAAjlCI.jpg:large

A quick look at that photo would tell a TSLA bear that Tesla owners can't park.

A better look will encourage a TSLA bull by the knowledge that at the moment Teslas are the only cars that can be summoned into a narrow parking spot, thus allowing 5 American-size cars to fit in 4 parking spots.

If that's the MMD - really a sad attempt by the shorts. Even their MMDs are getting shorter and shorter.

ps : Well, there is another more vigorous attempt. Now below 368.

Too impatient, MMDs rarely end this soon :)

I'll consider it a failure unless it at least breaks yesterday's close. I mean, that's a proper MMD, right? ;) Just losing the overnight gains is really de minimis.

Status
Not open for further replies.