Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon on Twitter:

Tomorrow brings a lemur.
DpxBEUTX4AA1sj5.jpg

o_O

I don't see how it is an end-run around it. Tesla can't accept reimbursement, directly or indirectly, from any source. My fear is that if Elon follows through with the plan the SEC will jump on it and invalidate the settlement. Putting us in way worse shape.
But buying shares at market value is not reimbursement. It is a free market weighted exchange. He is getting exactly dollar for dollar what he is paying for and Tesla is receiving compensation for exactly what they are selling to Musk.

But buying shares at market value is not reimbursement. It is a free market weighted exchange. He is getting exactly dollar for dollar what he is paying for and Tesla is receiving compensation for exactly what they are selling to Musk.

But couldn't that fall under the "indirectly" portion? It's not like the stock costs Tesla anything. He is indirectly reimbursing Tesla by buying something that gives Tesla a $20 million profit. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't like the idea at all. Playing fast and loose with your settlement isn't really the best idea.

• Helpful
Reactions: oneday
All pack assembly lines went as fast as possible, they even converted a TE line to assemble battery packs temporarily.

So while there was unutilized cell supply, there was no TE capacity. I wrote a long list of reasons in a previous reply why the Model 3 ramp-up had absolute priority.
I wasn't aware they had also converted a TE module/pack line to Model 3. I was only aware of them switching chemistries on the nominally TE cell lines to produce cells for Model 3.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Announcement with Saudi Arabia coming Oct 18!
الراقي on Twitter

That's tomorrow ;)
And now this Elon Musk on Twitter
FYI, Lemurs are really smart, get into stink fights (literally), and have 2 tongues (eating vs grooming). So Elon's tongues would be one to warn, the other to squeeze hard IMO.

Looking forward to some good news tomorrow!

Any of the Iain M. Banks' Culture series books have examples of culture writing ?
IE the red writing on the cup ?

No... But once again I urge anyone invested in Tesla to read all Ian M Bank's books, you'll learn so much about Musk's thought-processes...

Edit: seems I'm wrong, never realised there was a Marain character set! Finally learned something useful from this forum!!

Last edited:
I wasn't aware they had also converted a TE module/pack line to Model 3. I was only aware of them switching chemistries on the nominally TE cell lines to produce cells for Model 3.

Most likely because I'm wrong: it makes a lot more sense to tweak the chemistry than to tweak the very different assembly process ...

I think Panasonic even confirmed it somewhere that it was a cell line that was converted, but cannot find the reference now.

In any case, I still think the equation strongly pointed towards ramping up the Model 3, and maybe they knew the TE line will have to be converted and didn't want to ramp up TE sales for a few months just to completely choke its cell supply for two quarters immediately afterwards.

Lol, I would just die if he did a literal mic drop after announcing profitability in front of the press.

The funny thing is, a stunt like that would draw a huge amount of media publicity to the fact that Tesla was profitable... Come on, you can just picture it. He steps out, reporters gathered around to hear the announcement.

Elon: "Good evening." (Pulls out pre-prepared statement and reads it off) "As of the third quarter of 2018, and hereforth barring a force majeure event, Tesla can confirm that it is, and will continue to be, a net-profitable company."

elon_mic_drop.gif

Musk walks off stage. The Muse song (Victorious) that he previously used when detailing the (then-derided as implausible) plan for the Falcon 9 comes on:

Rise up and take the power back
It's time the fat cats had a heart attack
You know that their time's coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

They will not force us!
They will stop degrading us!
They will not control us!
We will be victorious!

Bonus points if there's pyrotechnics and a light display in the background ;)

Would be fabulous :)

Small errata though, the song is Uprising from the album The Resistance... This song is also interesting as it's very referential to the Doctor Who theme-tune...

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Lemur means spirit or ghost, and live in Madagascar, part of Africa.

Toto wrote a song "Africa".

Weezer resurrected the song.

Elon must have severe asthma, and is going to take medical leave.

#TSLAQ confirmed.

Signed, Anton.
Leadership struggle atop withering Tesla
by Linette Lopez

Sources familiar with the matter report that Elon Musk, now resigned chairman of the failing California car company, has disappeared months ago due to an undisclosed medical condition. People familiar with the thinking of people familiar with the matter also shared the surprising news, that Musk, the now resigned and SEC fined chairman of the struggling Model 3 producer, will be replaced today by a lemur. One can only hope there will be more yellow at the struggling Tesla factory as a result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.