Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Predictably (I think) the stock dropped this morning on high volume, which I think is "weak longs" taking some profit off the table and some new shorts getting in. What I hope is that after the first hour, the price will trend up again and end higher than yesterday.
Yes. I think it's a mistake for shorts to try to amplify an immediate dip as it may blow up in their face as the day progresses. I'm guessing with volume today, manipulation is pretty difficult though. In my mind, a more effective dip would have been after an initial rise at open. We'll see.

I think the bears are trying to push us below the 200 DMA. Lets see if they can keep us below that ...

I think there was a lot of concern SpaceX had failed and Elon would be distracted trying to fix the problem. SpaceX has now said their launch was a success so we should rebound as media reports it (assuming they actually do).

I think there was a lot of concern SpaceX had failed and Elon would be distracted trying to fix the problem. SpaceX has now said their launch was a success so we should rebound as media reports it (assuming they actually do).

I don't count too much on medias reporting the launch went good...
Reporting that it failed attract way more viewer to their article.

Reactions: Bobbyducati
If you want nice, crispy fries with a fluffy inside, you have to parboil them, dry them, and then freeze them. After they are frozen solid, then you fry them at temperature. The freezing process is actually helpful in this case.

This is along the lines of making moist cake; you pull it from the oven and immediately stick it in the freezer for about 45 minutes. Makes the moister cake you’ve ever tasted.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
I've posted this in the Technical Analysis thread, but it may bear repeating here. The quote is from yesterday morning, but what follows it was made moments ago.
This morning TSLA has punched above both its 50-day Simple Moving Average of $317.48 and its 200-day SMA of $332.04. If those are still supportive at the close, that could bode quite well for the future of the share price.

It appears as though short selling hedge funds this morning tried to depress the TSLA price under the current 200-day SMA of $332.40. Recent buying interest has now pushed the price back above that level. Again if the price remains above at the close, that should bode well.

Last edited:
Tomorrow @ 4PM ET we should see how many shares were held short on Dec 29th when SP was at US$ 310.

- http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/short-interest

I think it will be higher than last report, with the negative press those weeks. . (as usual they short low, cover high).

Will be fun to calculate how much they lost the past 2 weeks, and maybe we get an update from Igor as well :)

Reactions: EinSV
Tomorrow @ 4PM ET we should see how many shares were held short on Dec 29th when SP was at US$ 310.

- http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/short-interest

I think it will be higher than last report, with the negative press those weeks. . (as usual they short low, cover high).

Will be fun to calculate how much they lost the past 2 weeks, and maybe we get an update from Igor as well :)
FWIW IB had 1.2 million shares available on 1/4 before market. They only had 250k available the next morning and only 80k this morning. They were around 1.3 million available for most of December.

Status
Not open for further replies.