Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeking Alpha is really laying it on thick today. :rolleyes:

"...We think AAPL deserves every penny of that $180 valuation... certainly not Tesla at $350 - those are some examples of Nasdaq stocks that could drop 20% and still take 100 years or more to pay back the money they are asking you to put into a share of their stock!"

I have to say that tesla stock is holding up pretty good when looking at the bad news today.

- InsideEV sale numbers are lower then most people expected.
- Steel and aluminum tarrifs (Ford and GM take a bigger hit.)
- Markets down more then 1,5%
- Reveal of Jaguar I-pace

After all this news the stock seems to be going up again (-2,8%)

Well, to coincide with Spring, I really hope the production rate opens up like a blooming flower.

5dKIzeR.gif

And I'm in again. Hard to say at what SP since I'm in options, but basically, I picked up 2 J20 400 options for nothing but broker fees. (Side note, really can't wait until Robinhood's free options trading becomes available to me)

Now, the SP may drop another 20 points.

I have to say that tesla stock is holding up pretty good when looking at the bad news today.

- InsideEV sale numbers are lower then most people expected.
- Steel and aluminum tarrifs (Ford and GM take a bigger hit.)
- Markets down more then 1,5%
- Reveal of Jaguar I-pace

After all this news the stock seems to be going up again (-2,8%)

Jaguar i-pace is great news for tesla. It's a 2019 5-seater compact SUV with a 90 kW battery and slightly less range than the 2016 Model X90D, a non-existent 100kW DC fast charging network, good performance, all wheel drive, no fancy falcon wing doors. This will open peoples eyes to the Model X value propositions, bringing in new EV customers to both jaguar and tesla, money flowing into the 350kW charging networks they announced and started building out in europe, further validating electric driving and putting more pressure on the legacy carmakers to make EV available now rather than in 5 years.

With 3 consecutive red candles, we dropped 8.3% from the high on 2/27. I am not confident that we will drop further, but we could. I'm wondering if I should have bought 50% of my planned allocation today rather than 1/3. Ah well, I'll still be good either way. With a 4%+ further drop, I will buy my 2nd wave of options, selling shares to fund them. If we go for another climb, that would be just fine. I must say, it was a lot more pleasant of a drop this time around since I wasn't holding any options at all, just lots of shares.

Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
Damn, I wish I had the balls to sell around €360, this happens every time. I just can't bring myself to do it though - difference between then men and the boys, I guess :(

I waiting some dry powder to buy more and I'm selfishly hoping for terrible Q1 figures as I expect the money en d March.
It's much easier to do in waves rather than all or nothing. I personally can't typically do all or nothing due to FOMO with climbs and fear of further dips on the way down. If you sell 30% at $360 and we keep going up, it's no big deal. If we go down, on the other hand, it will be very nice to have the dry powder to buy more. That's the key for me to keeping emotions in check with how volatile TSLA is.

Status
Not open for further replies.