Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Quick question: is there anybody else who is getting targeted ads on reddit (reddit mobile) with anti-Tesla content? For the last days pretty much all ads on reddit for me have turned into an ad for some guy asking for Elon Musk's removal from Tesla...

Seems like more and more registers are being pulled.
I recommend to login into reddit only when you want to post something. It's a general recommendation for most of the social sites.
If you allowed to build a history=profile on you, you will be bombarded with such targeted crap all the time.

I recommend to login into reddit only when you want to post something. It's a general recommendation for most of the social sites.
If you allowed to build a history=profile on you, you will be bombarded with such targeted crap all the time.
Alternatively, uMatrix + uBlock Origin to filter unwanted JS/CSS/etc (including ads where you don't want them).

Reactions: JRP3
$185 is the aggregate basis of their short? $2,775,000,000 they got for shorting
$420 is the aggregate amount to buy back $6,300,000,000 they may owe?

Just to make sure this came through: it was a joke - I have no idea whether UBS has any TSLA short position. I also have no idea what their motivation is to out-FUD even Chanos.

I think most large shorts could exit at around $250, which I speculate to be the break-even price of their short position.

Assuming that most of the large TSLA shorts came to Tesla from Solar City, a $250 price is roughly the volume weighted average price of the SCTY slide up to the merger with Tesla.

While they might have averaged their positions higher since the merger, the maintenance costs of keeping a short position for such a long time constantly adds costs and effectively reduces the entry price over time.

Does anyone here know or have good guesses about the position sizes of the biggest TSLA shorts? 33 million shares short interest is a lot, so there must be a couple of really, really big short positions - and I'm not sure it's all just Chanos's.

Status
Not open for further replies.