Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm easy. I'd sell half my shares at $500 per.
I could buy the Model S I want, and pay for enough superchargers to get anywhere I want in the country.
Yep. We are on the right side of the bet, patience is our greatest tool.

I am following two of what I call "bubbles", no 1 is the Canadian real estate bubble, irrational behavior from people, who think prices will ever be higher, they put all their eggs is the same basket, use their home as an ATM, crazy. I guess you guys know what I'm taking about...

I find it amazing Canadians, after watching the US family get underwater, did exactly the same thing, same financial dumbness.

The second bubble I'm following is an inverted bubble. People are stuck in the "Status-quo syndrome" they don't see the obvious like we see here. They don't see the change coming.

When general sentiment change in bubbles, landing can be brutal, take offs can be equally spectacular if general wisdom is proven wrong and everyone is placed in front of undeniable facts.

Funny that both "bubbles" I am following are just about to burst...

Edit: Look at this wonderful chart: Hardcore Value: Canada Vs US Home Prices

Then look at TSLA chart and notice the pretty much unchanged price since two years. Irrational. Where is the value added? Where is the "change the world factor"?

Last edited:
In Tesla's case, I don't believe technical s matter at this point. Although I believe lots of people, day traders mostly are following and acting all in the same way because they all look at the same data, so the price moves accordingly.

But I think we are beyond watching trend lines. News and reviews will come almost everyday now. Now is the time to be patient and enjoy the show.

The technicals always matter in the short term, the fundamentals matter in the long term. If you aren't planning on buying or selling in the next month you can ignore this information, but if you are planning on making a move soon, these are the numbers that you should watch.

Well, if someone want my shares at, let's say $500 per kitty, I will think about it ;)
How many shares are in a "kitty"? This is a collective term I've not encountered. To me, a kitty is a small furry animal that purrs and catches mice.

If someone offered me $500 each for my 200 shares of TSLA I'd sell in a heartbeat, and I'd turn around and buy as many shares as that $100,000 would get me.

I don't think anyone's going to offer me more than market price for my shares. Why would they, when they could pay less on the market? And if in some wild make-believe world there was a short squeeze that shot the price to $200, I'm sure it wouldn't last long enough for me to get in on it.

I don't think anyone's going to offer me more than market price for my shares. Why would they, when they could pay less on the market? And if in some wild make-believe world there was a short squeeze that shot the price to $200, I'm sure it wouldn't last long enough for me to get in on it.

It could shoot that high. No one with half a brain would buy my shares at $500, a wild computer could. And you're right, it would not last very long. So the right thing to do is to place a sell order, open a beer and wait for the machines to go nuts.

The cost for this: $0.00

For anything else, try Master Card.

So I had a dream last night that Tesla stock fell to $7 and I was personally yelling at Elon. What would you guys do if the stock price lost 75% in a day? Hold on and hope for a recovery I would assume would be most everyone's answer.

But ya. Me and my 120 shares were very scared this morning ha.

It could shoot that high. No one with half a brain would buy my shares at $500, a wild computer could. And you're right, it would not last very long. So the right thing to do is to place a sell order, open a beer and wait for the machines to go nuts.

The cost for this: $0.00
Seriously, if you don't mind my asking (don't answer if you don't feel like it) how high do you or would you set your sell order? If you set it too high it's just silly. If you set it too low you could end up selling out when the price is legitimately on the way up.

I'd be interested to know at what price others have set sell orders in anticipation of a possible short squeeze as well.

So I had a dream last night that Tesla stock fell to $7 and I was personally yelling at Elon. What would you guys do if the stock price lost 75% in a day? Hold on and hope for a recovery I would assume would be most everyone's answer.

1. I would not be very happy. Try to stay cool.

2. Try to figure out the reason for the extrordinary price movement.

3. If it is a temporary problem: buy more stock

4. If it is a permanent problem: Sell my stock

5. If the problem can't be identified:
This is the toughest. I would keep up the research. Do nothing, until I have formed an opinion.

For me it would depend: If the stock fell to $7 on news that the company had gone bankrupt I'd tell myself, "Well, it was a good try." If it fell to $7 because of an investor panic, and I thought the company would survive, I'd probably buy another $10,000 worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.