Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to purchase MYLR wheels from Tirerack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pianewman

2021 MYLR VIN 88,XXX, Rd/Wh, 12/20 delivery
Supporting Member
Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
12/2020 produced MYLR Dual Motor. OEM 19" Apollo/Gemini wheels.

I've been in contact with TireRack, and their system does NOT show an 18" wheel for the MY, only for the M3. One salesman even refused to discuss a workaround. The guy I spoke with today promised he would look into it.

I'm concerned about the different load rating if I buy as if I have an M3 and have a wheel related issue.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Buying it as if you had an M3 is no different than buying it outright, when chosen by size.

Personally, I would advise against buying an 18” wheel.

When I upgraded my 2010 Honda Fit’s front brakes, some 16” wheels could fit, most didn’t. I had to switch from my 16” Enkei RPF01 to 17” Enkei PF01 (not typo, RPF vs PF). Because even if the 16” could just barely squeeze over the brakes, the caliper would rip off any inner stick on wheel weights because the calipers were that close to the barrel… and that’s assuming the weights didn’t wedge themselves in between and mess everything up instead.

TSportsLine has an 18” wheel that supposedly fits the MYLR, but they don’t show close the brakes are. So, it’s not hard to imagine that other 18” are unlikely to fit.

The fact you even have concerns should pretty much stop you right there.

Last edited:
The fact you even have concerns should pretty much stop you right there.

I've been hanging around here since Oct. 2020. Multiple posts in this forum with satisfactory "minus 1" to 18" w/o any interference issues. The expectation is that added sidewall will help to minimize the dreaded "slap" that is annoying on some road surfaces.

I appreciate your advice, but going to an 18" isn't the issue. The question is why TireRack doesn't list it.

FYI: TireRack's GVWR for the Model Y is WAY off, tried to tell me my car weighs close to 6,000 lbs. Ditto the GAWR. I've asked them to clarify where they sourced their number.

They follow OEM. That’s all.

As I said from the start, if you choose to use M3 as your basis, it’s no different than just picking a size on your own.

Heck, Tesla says the 19” aren’t compatible with the Performance.

What weight re you looking at?

The sticker on mine says the GVWR is 5200 or so, which is close enough to just say 6k.

It’s pretty clear you aren’t interested in what TR is suggesting. So, just buy what you want.

Last edited: