Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planner in V7 - Any Improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When travelling back to Belgium from Denmark, I decided to try the trip planner. First proposed stop was for 0 minutes of charging; I switched it off again...

I did a 800 mile trip this past weekend and it freaked me out twice telling me I won't have enough energy to reach my destination, only to find that was because it wanted me to return back to the Supercharger I came from further south of me (I was traveling north) than the distance to the next one ahead of me. It did that twice too! Thank goodness I had already planned out my trip online and just ignored it. But Trip Planner has got to be the LARGEST source of range anxiety to me!

I think I posted this elsewhere, but my method of using the "trip planner" is look at the map, realize it screwed up and just navigate to either the next SpC or skip one SpC (if it gets the skip one method correct, it gives you the estimated charge time). It's a kludge, but works like a charm.