Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - Supercharger locations are all missing 2024.8.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 MYP on 2024.8.7 and was unable to get the map or trip planner to show the Tesla Superchargers or route to them. I manually typed in one supercharger and routed to it, but it then charged slowly because there was no preconditioning of the battery. Trip planner will show a negative charge on arrival for a long trip, but will not add supercharger stops to the trip.

I confirmed that the three lightning bolt icon is clicked but it shows “no charging locations found” even when I am parked at a supercharger location. I tried rebooting, I tried reinstalling software in service mode, but neither helped.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is anyone else on 2024.8.7 that is able to see the supercharger locations in trip planner or map? Ideas?

Thank you.

I have the same version on my Model 3 - no issues seeing the Tesla Supercharger locations on the map.

Touch the map to bring up the search box on the top left corner and the 4 icons on the top right corner; touch the lightning bolt to show nearby Superchargers. I believe there are also 1 and 3 lightning bolts on the info panel in this mode; make sure the 3 bolts are selected - 1 is for Tesla Destination Chargers, 3 is for Superchargers

If you’re navigating to a destination, you can select the three dots, then Edit Trip; then Add; then Charging to see a similar view of nearby charging stations to add to your route.

Thank you for responding that this software version is working for you and it’s not a widespread issue.

I tried what you described above and it still doesn’t work for me. Photo attached.

IMG_4423.jpeg

I missed that you said you were on the 3 lightning bolts screen. I skimmed the message a little too much I guess. :)

That is a strange one. Only other thing I can think to check is if you have cellular connectivity - status bar on the top of the settings screen…

Sorry on not having any real information other than it not being a system-wide issue. Mine is a 2018 Model 3 (2.5 AP computer not the newer 3.0 FSD hardware you have) if that matters.

Bizarre experience here. I went in for a service appointment yesterday. It was still not working when I dropped off the car. At pickup the superchargers were loading normally but the technician said he didn’t do anything to fix it. Somehow the process of dropping off the car for service reset whatever was stuck. Connectivity was working fine for music all day when the superchargers weren’t loading. My best guess is the car somehow hit a software bug that corrupted where the UI loads the list. Hopefully it won’t happen again. Sharing in case this happens to others. I did try the hard reboots a couple of times and that didn’t work. Whatever reset the service center does at drop off may have been what fixed it.

• Informative
Reactions: swaltner
I haven’t encountered this specific bug, but I’ve had lots of other issues with 8.7, including navigation issues e.g. not recalculating arrival percentages when charging, bizarre routing, etc. Also bugs with the wipers just stopping working (when not in auto!) connectivity issues, and a big increase in phantom braking. I just got 8.9, so hoping that fixes some stuff.

Thank you for responding that this software version is working for you and it’s not a widespread issue.

I tried what you described above and it still doesn’t work for me. Photo attached.

View attachment 1036559.
I had the exact same thing today. I was on 2024.3.10, trying to download 2024.3.15 at a supercharger. I opened the map trying to see the amenities and pricing info of this station, but saw the same screenshot you had. Selecting the single lightning bolt showed all the slow chargers nearby, though. Went to the phone app and was able to see all the superchargers alright. Scroll-wheel rebooted but didn't fix.

After the download and update, they showed up in version 2024.3.15. It was almost like there was a server outage or something and I highly doubt the software update fixing it was anything more than a coincidence.

Reactions: Jmaz5
I had the same issue, happened about two days ago. The issue has been resolved, although I’m uncertain which method was responsible. I narrowed it down to two possibilities. Initially, soft reset and power-off attempts didn’t yield results. Since my car is out of warranty, I hesitated to contact the Tesla Service Center, especially considering their hotline’s puzzled response—they mentioned they’d need to get back to me.

My next attempt was a hard reset. I disconnected the 12V and main battery connectors beneath the back seat. However, upon powering back on, the supercharger location remained elusive. Frustrated, I decided to perform a factory reset. After the process completed, everything was reset: the map displayed Fremont, and the time was set to USA (I am in Asia). Still, the supercharger location remained missing.

Then, it struck me—I had been parked in an underground lot, potentially affecting GPS functionality. I drove my car out, and along the way, a warning popped up, informing me that I was far from a supercharger. A glimmer of hope! After a few minutes of driving, the supercharger location came back online. The only remaining task was setting up my entire profile and adjusting car settings.

In hindsight, my gut feeling leans toward the factory reset as the solution." 🚗✨

Attachments

• PXL_20240428_145527766.jpg
    PXL_20240428_145527766.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240428_145612463.jpg
    PXL_20240428_145612463.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 1