Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM and Music in general

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My latest battle is with siriusXM. I was using Tidal for music in my car. Now they are changing the monthly fee, actually dropping my veterans discount. I didn't really like Tidal's playlists, too many miscellaneous tracks that don't match with the channel or artist I selected. If I select Fleetwood mac I don't want any rap mixed in, for example.

So I started looking for a replacement. Since I have been a SiriusXM user for years I up graded my plan to platinum to get artist radio (and sports, could care less about Howard Stern). The first thing I am running into is how do you get Artist radio in Tesla's SiriusXM interface? Or even how do you go directly to a channel by it's number?

The Telsa's serach, searches everything not just the source you are connected to.

Is there a user's guide for the SirusXM interface on Telsa? Getting ahold of Sirius tech support is difficult on a good day. They should have written that interface for Tesla?

The next thing I read is that Tesla is dropping the SiriusXM from the sources. This would explain why the interface is so bad. Does anyone know what that status is?

I tried TuneIn, just toooo many comercials. The Slacker/LiveOne interface I haven't figured out yet, but it also has comercials. Amazon music would work but there is no Tesla source for it, using the bluetooth is too much hastle. I mostly use my car for short trips and setting this up everytime I get in the car is more than I want to do. Unless someone has figured out a way to do that without touching my phone.