Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic Signal and Stop Sign Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has lost the option of Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (TLSSC)? I recently lost my trail to the full self driving as part of the 3 month trail with the purchase of the vehicle. I don't see the TLSSC under Traffic Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer. Any insights is appreciated.

2023 Model 3

Thank you.

For the first three months after we got our 2023 MYLR HW4 with EAP, even with FSD disabled, as long as we had TACC and Autosteer active, the car would check itself at every light or stop sign. Even NOA would do this if we were on a road where it allowed us to activate NAO, and the road had a light on it. (Let's be clear, some roads are just weird in Florida.) Anyhow, the car would attempt to stop at every light, even if green, which seemed fair since FSD was disabled, and we could tell it to continue by tagging the Autopilot lever as we approached the light. Recently, the car stopped doing any of that. A couple of things have happened: FSD trial expired, and a bunch of updates. So nowadays the car never tries to stop at lights or stop signs when TACC and AutoSteer, or NAO, are active. It knows these traffic controls are present because it shows them on the map, but even though we have EAP, it just ignores them. We know how to stop at lights and stop signs, so it's not a hardship, but it's an interesting deletion and the previous behavior with FSD turned off led us to believe that EAP included seeing and stopping at lights and stop signs. Guess we were mistaken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0