Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic screen - should it show cars behind?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will find the right side of the screen that depicts what's around you is nonsensical - sometimes it will show everything - a few cars in front a few behind and those either side - and 5 minutes later shows bugger all, the only thing I think is reliably depicted are traffic cones.
The screen used to also show you cars coming in the opposite direction too but that function was removed a while ago.

We are told by Tesla the car is seeing everything but removes what Tesla considers unnecessary graphics, no idea if that's for compute power saving or potential overload of information to the driver, either way, once you just treat the car like any other car you don't even look at stuff like that - you just add these things as another foible of the car.

You will find the right side of the screen that depicts what's around you is nonsensical - sometimes it will show everything - a few cars in front a few behind and those either side - and 5 minutes later shows bugger all, the only thing I think is reliably depicted are traffic cones.
The screen used to also show you cars coming in the opposite direction too but that function was removed a while ago.

We are told by Tesla the car is seeing everything but removes what Tesla considers unnecessary graphics, no idea if that's for compute power saving or potential overload of information to the driver, either way, once you just treat the car like any other car you don't even look at stuff like that - you just add these things as another foible of the car.
Thanks - sure when I demoed a MY last year it showed everything. Shame I can’t see what behind until they are in my blind spot 😞

Thanks - sure when I demoed a MY last year it showed everything. Shame I can’t see what behind until they are in my blind spot 😞
Last year it did indeed all work fine, your not imagining it. I have FSD and sometimes it impresses me, another time it tries to kill me, I tend not to use it. I will use cruise control when I'm behind an HGV at 60MPH when i want to hyper mile and occasionally i use Summon to inch the car forward when i have stuff to put in the boot when shopping - I always reverse into a parking spot and on the perimeter of a car park to avoid dings.

I think they are optional extras, but if you chose the option and use it, it’s amazing. I think the are called wing mirrors? Not overly sure. Either way, quick glance in them and you can see what’s coming up behind you. Not seen them on any other cars out there so may be a Tesla only thing…..

I did some towing in my car at the weekend and despite towing mode being on (blue caravan icon showing), the visualisation panel kept flashing up a truck right up my chuffer. I sometimes wonder if any of this stuff ever gets tested.