Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah!
Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 7.30.06 PM.png

On a positive note, I was told that my car was definitely on a truck, and they are going to try and schedule me for 12/26 at 6pm. Honestly pretty inconvenient time for me, but at this point I just really want this delivery process to be over. Dealing with the IRS is more enjoyable than this order and delivery process.

i asked about seats, and was told that their notes are unreliable, and it's best to just wait until the car is delivered and see what's in it rather than making a false statement based on faulty notes.

Told today that my car is set to arrive at the Grand Ave-Chicago delivery center on 12/24. Confirmed pick up date and time of 12/30 @ 10 am (flying early from holiday vacation to pick it up). Since I live in Michigan, I ordered the cold weather package. Hoping I am one of the lucky ones and get the heated steering wheel like Rice390. :smile:

Finally got out of the black hole and took delivery yesterday. It wasn't a great time to do it: it was dark, rainy, and the place where they keep the "new car deliveries" is also not very well lit.
I only drove it for 20 min, enough to reach the detailer to get it OptiCoat'ed.

My detailer found a small chip on the rear right wheel on the hub side. It looks like QC caught it at Tesla since its marked green already.

I'm surprised they let it pass, but anyway:

I've been thinking more about this.

Could the fact that the color green was used to mark the chip indicate that they were giving this flaw the "green light" to pass inspection and continue on through to the customer? Might they use a color-coding system? Green for problems that are deemed trivial enough to note and then ignore, yellow for problems that need more review, and red for problems that need to be corrected? This is 100% conjecture, but the connection between green and go and the part making it out got me thinking.

Thanks for sharing. My previous p85+ was tan with tan headliner and I switched to black this time and was worried about the choice. Actually looks pretty sharp :)

i think it looks fantastic with the tan and black. That contrast can look horrible with the wrong interior design, but Teslas sleek design holds up well. Bold choice but I think you're going to absolutely love it.

@ Early Adapter I notice that the spread sheet shows your delivery date as 12/22. Did the DS, Andrew is mine, give you that date? My car was finished one day after yours and I have not yet heard a delivery date.

He did, and late today I got word my car was on a truck and will be here on Saturday! Hopefully yours is on the same truck or the next. Either way, it should be here soon.

Thanks!

Just picked up the TPMS's at the Denver Tesla Service Center, and took them to Discount Tire; $50 each plus tax. They are Tesla labeled with a Tesla part number. Sorry, should have taken a picture.

Talked to the local folks here in Denver about delivery. They said as soon as it's on the truck, they will get a Denver arrival date and time from the truck driver, then call me to set up a pickup time! The rough guess now is a day or two to get on the truck, two days on the truck from California to Colorado, a day of local prep, then I can take delivery.

Apologies, can's easily find earlier thread. Are new TPMS required for p85d now then? Just bought some existing 21s for winter wheels and they have existing TPMSs.

thanks, Mike

- - - Updated - - -

He did, and late today I got word my car was on a truck and will be here on Saturday! Hopefully yours is on the same truck or the next. Either way, it should be here soon.
@patT, @EarlyAdopter. Mine completed one day after yours Pat, so if you're not on the Saturday truck then hopefully we're on the same one :)

Apologies, can's easily find earlier thread. Are new TPMS required for p85d now then? Just bought some existing 21s for winter wheels and they have existing TPMSs.

thanks, Mike

- - - Updated - - -

@patT, @EarlyAdopter. Mine completed one day after yours Pat, so if you're not on the Saturday truck then hopefully we're on the same one :)

Yes, you need new sensors. $50/ea.

What's different about the new TPMS sensors?

- - - Updated - - -

<<groan>> <<sigh>> congrats on the car, and your heated steering wheel. (Yes, I'm still annoyed.)

I'm also annoyed. If Tesla had been upfront about the heated steering wheel I would have my car now; as it is I'm at least two months out

Thanks. Wonder why no one mentioned this at TSC today... Ho hum, adds to the fun.
Does make me me wonder why though, eg different freq, to mess with non-OEM providers, etc ;-)

Also, anyone know a supplier of the 21" winter tires (Pirelli Sottozero 245/35R21). Don't seem to be available on TireRack - Seattle TSC says they are likely all out for rest of this year.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited: