Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AIMc - It will be interesting to see if our statuses coincide. Essentially, if yours is done production before mine then I'm going to assume there is going to be a pretty serious problem getting my car before the year's end.

@MarcG - Definitely curious as to the max regen power as well (like, decelerating from at least 65 or 70MPH). My P85 has gone a hair above 60kW in the past under proper conditions (warm, mid-charged, heavy decel), but theoretically the P85D should be able to hit the 80-90kW range when the battery conditions are right, although I'm not sure they would have made this possible or not since even 60kW is already a lunge forward. I believe the charge taper would allow this high power below maybe 60-70% charge? Theoretically anyway...

@NigelM - Thanks

@others who have been supportive - Thanks

@trolls - Internet troll personality study: Machiavellianism, narcissism, psychopathy, sadism.

- - - Updated - - -

@MarcG - Looks like you answered the regen question already. Thanks. Although I'd still be curious as to if it regen's differently/more at a lower state of charge.

I've expanded my Nerf missile shipments to include my DS and Elon Musk, as well as the original one to the factory. All orders included a nerf missle gun, enough Nerf ammo to bring down a small country, and a note along the lines of "Use these against those who are holding up the Ds!"

I also ordered a bunch of stuff for Toys for Tots while I was at it.

I've expanded my Nerf missile shipments to include my DS and Elon Musk, as well as the original one to the factory. All orders included a nerf missle gun, enough Nerf ammo to bring down a small country, and a note along the lines of "Use these against those who are holding up the Ds!"

Makes me smile every time... let us know when you get a tracking number.

Hey, can you send me a Nerf Missile set too.... I am about 11 months out from ordering my P85D and need something to pass the time..... ;-)
That puts everything into perspective now doesn't it?:confused:

PS: I can send you my shipping address....

- - - Updated - - -

MarcG:

Did you have time to examine the quality of the paint job? It looks really good from the video.... ("OK" ;-) but on close inspection,
is it all smooth as silk?

Did yours have the heated steering wheel? You did get the subzero package I see.

Also, on your charge port hatch video, exactly what type of connector is that which you have? It does not look "Tesla ish"

Great luck with the new toy....

BTW, I cannot lie.... when you put that board and bike rack atop the P85D.....
well I kind of grimaced...

It does break up the lines of the car... ahem.

One q.. did they really remove the possibility to turn electronic driving aids off? No more drifting and playing?

As far as I can tell, yes - there is just the option to "slip start" but I guess that's limited to low speeds?
I believe some folks found a fuse they could pull to disable stability and traction control on the earlier cars. I love to play in the snow in my old Audi (which only has traction control), but it's getting harder to find a safe place to do it around here.

MarcG:

Did you have time to examine the quality of the paint job? It looks really good from the video.... ("OK" ;-) but on close inspection,
is it all smooth as silk?

Did yours have the heated steering wheel? You did get the subzero package I see.

Also, on your charge port hatch video, exactly what type of connector is that which you have? It does not look "Tesla ish"

Great luck with the new toy....

BTW, I cannot lie.... when you put that board and bike rack atop the P85D.....
well I kind of grimaced...

It does break up the lines of the car... ahem.

I did inspect the paint job before accepting delivery and it looks perfect.

No heated steering wheel unfortunately, but I'm totally fine with that since it wasn't part of the subzero package when I ordered it.

I was using an EVSE from ClipperCreek in my charge port video.

And finally, I agree the ski & bike racks take a little bit away from the smooth lines of the Model S, but I personally value function over form! That being said, I will probably not leave the rack on at all times (especially during long trips to eliminate extra drag and wind noise).

Ordered: 10/13/2014
Changed: 10/24/2014
Confirmed: 10/24/2014
Estimated delivery: December
Scheduled delivery date: NOT YET
Actual delivery date: NOT YET
Delivery location: Raleigh, NC
Color: Red
Wheels: Silver 19" Cyclone
Interior: Tan, Piano Black, Next Gen seats, Black headliner
Options: All except 3rd row
Trading up from: n/a

Wait for it! 63954, I am excited, but whats up with this?

I did inspect the paint job before accepting delivery and it looks perfect.

No heated steering wheel unfortunately, but I'm totally fine with that since it wasn't part of the subzero package when I ordered it.

I was using an EVSE from ClipperCreek in my charge port video.

And finally, I agree the ski & bike racks take a little bit away from the smooth lines of the Model S, but I personally value function over form! That being said, I will probably not leave the rack on at all times (especially during long trips to eliminate extra drag and wind noise).

I keep learning all the time here on TMC.... was not aware of the EVSE from Clipper Creek.

Wonderful about the paint quality. As it should be then...

Go drive the crap out of that car and report back.
I signed up for a test drive of a P85D in NYC but may pass on that.... traffic in the CITY around Xmas is
just horrible....

Again thanks for the information and you should perhaps make a new thread called MarcG's P85D Experience kind of like a running blog.

Ordered: 10/13/2014
Changed: 10/24/2014
Confirmed: 10/24/2014
Estimated delivery: December
Scheduled delivery date: NOT YET
Actual delivery date: NOT YET
Delivery location: Raleigh, NC
Color: Red
Wheels: Silver 19" Cyclone
Interior: Tan, Piano Black, Next Gen seats, Black headliner
Options: All except 3rd row
Trading up from: n/a

Wait for it! 63954, I am excited, but whats up with this?

Congratulations! This is exactly the same spec as I ordered, except for the piano black (went for carbon).

Please post pictures when you get it, as I live in Norway and won't get it until late March, 2015.

+1: I am on the verge of bailing on this thread because this complaining is getting us off topic. Guess what, we are all waiting for our deliveries. We all know Tesla has to improve communication but venting on this thread over and over is getting old. If you have a complaint, I think it's reasonable to post it, but stop beating it to death. We get it. If it some people don't get their car before 2015, you will cancel. It's your loss.
That's fine. We understand the tax issues. Start a new thread.

Hear Hear! Well said.

FWIW I was at the Dania Beach, FL SC today. Both my cars (see signature below) are in production and both are in their system as being delivered 12/26. The DS had no information (or at least would not share) as to whether the NG seats would be in the D car. I saw no D's while I was there.

Also FWIW, for those of you trading in MS's, you can have the SC remove your center console without any reduction in trade-in value for installation in the new car. Minor, I know, but $600 plus tax is still a nice savings.

Marc, the video was brilliant.
To be honest at first I couldn't tell who the DS was and who the Marc was!
You seemed as knowledgeable as him.
Made me realize i need to watch more delivery vids so I don't embarrass myself with stupid questions, or worse forget to ask important ones.
I am impressed that you took the time to do all this when the day could have been just about you and your new car.

I believe some folks found a fuse they could pull to disable stability and traction control on the earlier cars. I love to play in the snow in my old Audi (which only has traction control), but it's getting harder to find a safe place to do it around here.

My guess is that they have to have traction control enabled because it is the algorithm that decides how the power is distributed front to rear. With it off, what do you do? Can't freewheel the front motor for example.

If I cancel and reorder, do I lose my deposit?

Depends on the circumstances. You'd have to have that discussion with Tesla.

Note to Tesla sent regarding the 2014 ViN. I suspect they are trying to fill in some slots that have opened up as a result of delays (thinking Osama etal but hopefully not WK - I'm still rooting for your 2014 delivery)

I suspect they just assigned the sequence number, and the year is a placeholder until the end of this year. But what do I know :)

My bet is the VIN generator is still set to 2014. My VIN for my 85D originally came out as a 2014 and then updated to 2015 later. Seems like a later pass goes back through and updates them. So I agree with what randompersonx is saying.

If you distract them you might never get your car...

To the people complaining about people complaining. Just let them vent. It'll all be over soon enough.

With respect to precision of delivery dates, I'm ready for my 85D to be late.