Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got VINs for both my cars this morming. 3003 and 3026. Woooohoooo!!!

It's surprising that there are 22 VINs between your two orders. If you ordered them one after the other that suggests a fairly high volume of orders on the 10th. Somewhere in between you pressing the button to order your first car and pressing the button to order the second car, mine snuck in . Presumably they will arrive at the same time?

Did it change for you?

Mine still says:
Order Confirmed: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

Well that's what mine says now even though I got a VIN.
The sad thing is that I can't remember what it said before my VIN assignment (hope it's not Alzheimer's :crying:) which is why I've been asking what it says for those of you who didn't get a VIN yet.

Anyway, it looks like the status message doesn't change after a VIN gets assigned (unless it actually enters production).

Does anyone know what all the possible status messages are? I tried a search but didn't see any lists.

So much for having the first order at the LA event :(. No VIN.

Same here. No VIN yet even though we had ordered ours before they started giving people rides at the reveal gig.
It looks like the VIN assignment algorithm favors Canadian cars. It makes sense that they are pushing them out first - Tesla wants to deliver as many P85Ds as possible in this calendar year.

Last edited:
Building Canada cars first makes sense for Q4 revenue. What I'm confused by is that there does not appear to be a delay for Tan or Grey seats as previously communicated. Of course it's possible the tan and grey cars won't enter production at the same time. Shrug.. Probably not worth over thinking it :)

Last edited:
Well that's what mine says now even though I got a VIN.
The sad thing is that I can't remember what it said before my VIN assignment (hope it's not Alzheimer's :crying:) which is why I've been asking what it says for those of you who didn't get a VIN yet.

Anyway, it looks like the status message doesn't change after a VIN gets assigned (unless it actually enters production).

Does anyone know what all the possible status messages are? I tried a search but didn't see any lists.
I don't think the status message changes until they are in production.